did it sell

steve wilson

No idea, is it still on findit?

I would have thought a twin was for the die-hard track day enthusiast really, can't see it being particularly nice to drive on the roads (althpugh I guess you could drive on one engine :) ).

Andy

Don't think it's sold  :(  I think folks knew too much of its history on this boardroom  ;)  :(  :(  :(  :blush:

Ooohh...I sense gossip. :0

Tell all! :p

Andy

After seeing a twin in the flesh I can say they are a work of art, certainly makes a VX/'tec install look humbled.  But this one is probably not selling due to its a apperance...shame really, a good bodywork and interior would make such a difference.

Edit, and a keen interest in keeping two B.E's well behaved!

can't see it being particularly nice to drive on the roads

Why??  :t-up:

Not much different to any other BEC, or straight-cut geared CEC for that matter, just a bit noisier and lots faster  :D

The phrase 'a bit of a handful' springs to mind.

How often could you realistically make use of all that power?

Andy

After seeing a twin in the flesh I can say they are a work of art, certainly makes a VX/'tec install look humbled.  But this one is probably not selling due to its a apperance...shame really, a good bodywork and interior would make such a difference.

Edit, and a keen interest in keeping two B.E's well behaved!

It's daft really, I can't believe it hasn't sold. The price the chap is asking for it means that you'd have plenty spare to get some new wheels, seats and bodywork and end up with a fantastic car. Cheap as chips for what it is. (think you could buy that, a bodywork module, and various other odds that you may want for less than a modular build kit!! )

If that had been an option when I did mine, I think I'd have sold the CVH and bought the black car then done it up. Probably would have worked out cheaper in the long run..

How often could you realistically make use of all that power?

From the apex through to the braking point for the next corner probably!

The engines and actual work and stuff is fine - its just that they used an old race chassis that had its "moments" to put the car together.

Would have been much better to have used a new chassis to start with when original build undertaken by Z cars.

The one they done for David Jones previously was superb - utilising a pre-lit.

Ah right. I never did know the history of the black one. It was great from the passenger side though - a ride in that was what convinced me it was all a good idea! :)

Believe the red one changed hands recently too, FWIW.