MAKE A WISH - CHARITY

Terry Everall

Please see members area for donations to MAKEAWISH Charity that Speed Series is supporting

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

MAKE A WISH CHARITY 

This is a reminder that this charity is struggling to raise funds for what is a great cause. Last year we raised around £2000 mainly at the Speed Series Awards Diner which obviously is cancelled this year as we did not run the Speed Series due to the Covid 19 situation. This is a plea from me to consider whether you can donate anything at all to help them? For Speed Series guys we have not really spent anything on engines, tyres, fuel to travel etc etc so maybe you can dig deep and don't PLEASE. Some of the kids that benefit are either seriously ill or may have limited lifespan. Come on guys we can help.

Use the link in the original post by Andy Bates in the members only section ( Make-A-Wish) or look in the Autumn 2020 magazine page on page 1

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Make- a-Wish charity

We are now up to £230 so please consider making a donation if you feel its a good cause. You have all saved a lot on sprint fees etc so maybe you have a little spare change??????? PLEASE👌

We still have only 5 people who have donated to the Make-a-wish charity and its coming up to Xmas so maybe a few more could spare a few quid?  🤗

Here's a link to help- 

• 2 weeks later...

Make-A-Wish UK: Thinking of you all

Inbox

Shirley Bird

2:10 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me

Hi Terry,

I just wanted to pass on our best wishes to you and all at Westfield Sports Car Club. I know that this weekend would usually be a one much looked forward to with your Annual Awards Dinner . Sadly like many events this year won’t be taking place.

As a very valued supporter there is still reason to celebrate all you are doing to help grant magical wishes and that means the world to us. A very big THANK YOU! to you all.

Warmest wishes, 

Shirley Bird - DD: 0118 304 2761  

Supporter Experience Team

Make-A-Wish® UK

Now up to £260 so just a bit more to get to £300?

• Like 2

Just a thought.

Given club expenditure will have been far less than anticipated this year, why can the club not donate 2k (of membership money) to the charity?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CraigHew said:

Just a thought.

Given club expenditure will have been far less than anticipated this year, why can the club not donate 2k (of membership money) to the charity?

Not a bad idea, I'm not sure how @CraigHew has arrived at the figure of £2K, and from my involvement in Stoneleigh 2020, we've spent money and also moved bookings to next year, hence it's not like the event didn't cost anything.

However can @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary put this idea to the committee, please? 

Terry mentioned we raised that sum last year, perhsps make up the current difference to that amount....?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CraigHew said:

Terry mentioned we raised that sum last year, perhsps make up the current difference to that amount....?

We raised that figure last year mostly by a charity auction / raffle at the speed series awards doo. Thats not happening this year for obvious reasons but the charity still needs donations

I believe there is a committee meeting soon so I am sure the idea of an overall donation will be discussed and reported back to the members

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks like we made £132.64p at Blyton - Thanks for your donations

• Like 2

• Captain Colonial unpinned this topic