Wow, where to start as a buyer!

Jimbo76

Hi Jimbo,

welcome and good luck with your hunt .

unfortunately we don’t have a regular meet as our area IS Scotland, all of it !!!! Although there are quite a few in and around Glasgow. Keep an eye on the events section for Clan McWesty that’s us lot

feel free to drop me a line via pm with your email and I can add you to the mailing list or call after 7 on 07715554020

cheers Gary

As above that looks a cracking car, don’t be shy about putting a link up to a car your interested in or if you have any queries or questions 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Looks a decent spec. Might be worth asking for the details of the engine rebuild?

Only criticism for me is its on dreadful tyres:)

Yeah a set of R888 or Yoko A048s would be preferable....................

19 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

As above that looks a cracking car, don’t be shy about putting a link up to a car your interested in or if you have any queries or questions 

Thanks Gary,

I've always found forums to be a great source of information for particular cars over the years. I have bought cars due to them being known, but equally have walked away from cars based on them being known, in the wrong way................................I wasn't wanting to breach any forum guidelines on my first day! I'll save that for later in the week! 🤣

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Hi Jimbo,

welcome and good luck with your hunt .

unfortunately we don’t have a regular meet as our area IS Scotland, all of it !!!! Although there are quite a few in and around Glasgow. Keep an eye on the events section for Clan McWesty that’s us lot

feel free to drop me a line via pm with your email and I can add you to the mailing list or call after 7 on 07715554020

cheers Gary

I can't see a link to PM you Gary? Am I maybe 'too new'??

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Hi Steve,

Is yours a bike engined version? I might take you up on that and have a nosey one weekend? I'm in Dumbarton so not a million miles away. 👍

I’ve got a factory built megabusa running 160bhp it’s 18years old and pulls like a train 😂👍👍👍 unfortunately I’m down in South Yorkshire 

I agree - the car has a pretty good spec - quite a bit of money has been spent on the right bits (especially the gearbox - if the owner / builder has spent wisely on the bits that are listed, they have probably also spent a few quid on the engine)

I would also want to know more about the engine - seeing as it's on throttle bodies and an Omex (not Omen...) ECU, it must have been mapped, so I'd be wanting to see the dyno graphs

The tyres are probably OK for a road car that's used in all weathers, but not so clever on a powerful car that's going to spend time on the track.

If I was buying a car predominantly for the track, I'd probably want to change the seats - the ones fitted are built for comfort, not support.

• Like 1

I forgot to say that for track use especially, the performance of a Westfield is going to depend more on the gearbox and the gearing than the outright max. power. There is so much on this boardroom about gearboxes and gearing, that I'm not going to attempt to advise you her, but do bear that in mind. And not just the gearbox, but the final drive ratio as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo76 said:

I can't see a link to PM you Gary? Am I maybe 'too new'??

Ah it’s the trial membership has certain limitations, feel free to phone after 7 please as working a late split shift this week 

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Ah it’s the trial membership has certain limitations, feel free to phone after 7 please as working a late split shift this week 

Did I miss an option during signing up?

Trial Membership is a chance for people to ask a few questions and explore the forums before becoming a paid member of the club.  Think of it a short test drive before you buy. :)

@Jimbo76  I'm in Bellshill, if you'd like to have a squizz at ours - it's very much in touring spec though.