Rolling road mapping (Scotland)

Jackv4

Hi

Looking for recommendations for a decent tuning company to map my Omex 600. Further North the better because I'm up near John o Groats and will be driving the car there. 

Cheers Jack

Here you go ,they are near Thurso, give them a call . I know a few of the highland car club have used them but no personal experience 

CD3E619D-D569-4EDD-9C03-D97F0C8AA279.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

While I was researching this a guy from near Elgin was reccomended a lot, not exactly on your doorstep though. Can't remember the bloomin name now. It'll come to me.....

Here it is 

http://www.rickygauld.co.uk/index.html

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Yes Ricky knows his stuff and definitely comes highly recommended iirc he’s nearer Aberchirder 

This is spot on guys, Close enough for me, Ive sent him a mail to see whats what,

Appreciate the info

• Like 1

Top bloke Ricky, I used his services several times...if he doesn't reply to your email, just give him a call.  he's normally busy.

1 hour ago, Murraymint said:

Top bloke Ricky, I used his services several times...if he doesn't reply to your email, just give him a call.  he's normally busy.

Ok will do thanks for the heads up

• 3 weeks later...

Update. 

350 mile round trip to Ricky Gauld and 2 to 3hrs later were all mapped and running excellent. 

Final result 206hp We're spot on with Racelines quoted figures for there 200 speck cams and head. What a difference in the way she drives compared to the carbs. 

Ricky's a topper of a bloke and even took the time to show me round his old Hillman IMP's and a few nice customers cars in for work aswell. Was great seen how its all done. 

Thanks again for the recommendations 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Jackv4 said:

Update. 

350 mile round trip to Ricky Gauld and 2 to 3hrs later were all mapped and running excellent. 

Final result 206hp We're spot on with Racelines quoted figures for there 200 speck cams and head. What a difference in the way she drives compared to the carbs. 

Ricky's a topper of a bloke and even took the time to show me round his old Hillman IMP's and a few nice customers cars in for work aswell. Was great seen how its all done. 

Thanks again for the recommendations 

Glad to hear your sorted, Ricky has a nice collection of motors...

• Thanks 1