Track day tool storage

Dazz150

So currently the night before said trackday I neatly pack the back of the tow car with all my tools and spares. Everything is tidy, in order and has its own home, its great!

Then when I arrive at the circuit my boot looks like my 4 year olds bedroom. It's even worse when it comes to packing up for the day and heading home!

Im not looking to spend snap-on money, neither am I looking at a £20 screwfix jobby. Something middle of the road would be ideal.

What portable tool boxes are you all using?

Put stuff in plastic boxes with lids

• Like 2

On 29/07/2020 at 18:24, Dazz150 said:

So currently the night before said trackday I neatly pack the back of the tow car with all my tools and spares. Everything is tidy, in order and has its own home, its great!

Then when I arrive at the circuit my boot looks like my 4 year olds bedroom. It's even worse when it comes to packing up for the day and heading home!

Im not looking to spend snap-on money, neither am I looking at a £20 screwfix jobby. Something middle of the road would be ideal.

What portable tool boxes are you all using?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mannesmann-Socket-Set-215-Pieces/dp/B000K2PF4Y/ref=asc_df_B000K2PF4Y/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=205341469171&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10858389914347507909&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006886&hvtargid=pla-420425325587&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

image.png.5b01e03345befe1523b3a0ea72b3fa3f.png

This is my trackday toolkit. Is an absolutely amazing piece of kit. Complement it with a set of screwdrivers and pliers from aldi... and you are set. During many many years, this has been my main toolkit... and Is held up pretty well. The quality of the ratchets is astonishing.

1584699722-41904700.png

For spares I use this things to store bits at home... from car consumables to bolts, various aerosols and tapes, hoses, even some powertools...

when it comes to the trackday i just take the drawers with me, they are stackable and the fit and look tidy i  the boot of your car.... I buy them in bulk in WilKos, or home bargain when there is an offer. Great things and really practical for home and transport.

• Like 3