Under scuttle panels

Chris Hooper

Hi I’m looking for a pair of these for the Iva they are on back order at the factory. THANKS 

I made mine for next to nothing. Made a cardboard template of the required shape, cut that out of aluminium sheet, stick on some thin foam and covered in vinyl.

Maybe be worth a thought.

Interesting needless to say I can’t find them in the manual. The photo on the website isn’t great can someone post a photo and I can have a go. Thanks 

Can’t remember exactly but I never fitted any panels - so must have used edging strip of some sort at IVA (it then promptly fell off)

• Thanks 1

I've got an image somewhere, maybe in my build diary. They are just essentially a panel that protects you from the edge of the fibreglass return of the scuttle.

I'll have a look tonight to find an image if not I'll take a new photo for you.

Really easy to make though.

• Thanks 1

Here's the panels in my build diary. I have a full cage so that is why the panel has the cutouts (to clear the cage mounting bolts).
https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/108057-seight-build-diary/page/11/

If you don't have a cage then they're even easier to make.

You can as some do use velcro to attach them. Just be sure to add some edging trim (which I did in my images linked to but after that photo was taken).

Hi Chris,

I have a pair of panels I could sort you out with. Nothing wrong with them but I got a new pair from WF as have completely replaced all the interior on my car.

The previous owner had fixed them to the top chassis rail with self tappers so each one has 3 holes. Am away at the moment so can't send any pictures but can send some when I get back if any use? When is your IVA (as am away until the 4th August)

Thanks 

Nick

• Like 1

Hi Nick that would be a great help thanks. I haven’t booked an Iva yet I’m still struggling with electrics..........

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.