Go Lando!

Andrew

His final lap in the previous race was also a stunner. Shame the teams can't build cars that an be driven like that for the whole race, watching 2 hours of cars being driven at 75% isn't very entertaining any more

Extra bit of engine performance - can't use it all race or it'll melt / use too much fuel!

Amazing braking performance in those cars, staggering!

32 minutes ago, pistonbroke said:

Press and hold overtake button !!! whats that all about ? 

All that chatter on the radio's a bit of an eye opener. Definitely a team effort between the driver and I presume, his race engineer. 

Lando's looking promising though isn't he. 👍

24 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Amazing braking performance in those cars, staggering!

Pretty certain they're using Mintex 1144s. 😆

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, pistonbroke said:

Press and hold overtake button !!! whats that all about ? 

Reminiscent of the old A1GP cars with their Power Boost button.

Fantastic to see Lando doing well and a great drive.

What about Lewis' very wet quali lap?  1.216 secs ahead of Verstappen and 1.428 secs ahead of Bottas.

I thought a wet track was meant to be a great equaliser yet by my calcs. by the end of the lap LH would be 250 feet ahead of VB in the same car.

His rainmaster hero Senna would have approved.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2020 at 16:04, DonPeffers said:

I thought a wet track was meant to be a great equaliser

It certainly takes a chunk of the chassis advantage out (but drivability of the engine can still be a factor). But it's laps like that which show just how talented Lewis really is despite some people banging on about him "just being in the best car". Yes he is in the best car at the moment, but he is also one of the fastest racing drivers ever. He's done unbelievable laps like that a few times during his career, like the flyer at Singapore 2018 for pole when the car wasn't the strongest at that track.

In fairness though, this weekend Max was also on a very hot lap too but pushed it that bit too much and spun. Had he not his sector times suggest he would have been there or thereabouts too but you have to bring it home.

Lando is great though and I'm pleased he's getting a car to show his talent in now. After the last two races my 4yo now shouts "Lando!" whenever he sees an orange car (even if it's Sainz) and hopefully he'll continue to be a good inspiration for him in the seasons to come.

• Like 1

The future of F1 looks bright with Lando, George, and Max waiting to take over from Hamilton. It'll be interesting to see who proves to be the best.

To me, Lewis is still the quickest and most consistent and is the standout "once a generation" driver. That wet lap was a thing of beauty, 1.2 seconds a lap in F1 is a lifetime! 

I remember watching this race in the late 90's when a young kid in a Senna helmet who'd just moved up to a new class showed everyone else how it's done in the wet... You could tell he had the "special sauce" right there! 

• Like 2

Does someone knows about sporting regulations?

Yesterday haas drivers were penalised for driving breaching rule 27.1 (driving without pitwall help).

Then lando drove two laps where his engineer "drove" the car for him last week... how is that?...

???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maurici said:

Does someone knows about sporting regulations?

Yesterday haas drivers were penalised for driving breaching rule 27.1 (driving without pitwall help).

Then lando drove two laps where his engineer "drove" the car for him last week... how is that?...

???

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/54629/magnussen-and-grosjean-hit-with-10-second-penalties-following-pit-wall-instruction/

Doesn't make any sense at all to me? 

Just in case anyone cares... the rule 27.1 (that says driver must drive without pitwall help) was over ruled during race time, but is keept during formation lap and going to the grid... that is when haas decision happened. Did a bit more digging and found the answer.

So if the driver gets on the blower and asks for slicks on the formation lap thats fine. But if the team tell the driver to come in that breaks the rules.

And all the while red bull get away with drying albon's start box. F1's weird and wonderful anal rules :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

So if the driver gets on the blower and asks for slicks on the formation lap thats fine. But if the team tell the driver to come in that breaks the rules.

And all the while red bull get away with drying albon's start box. F1's weird and wonderful anal rules :rolleyes:

And bottas jumpstart... its all brilliant.