FREE Norfolk Broads Advice, just ask or read.

Nemesis

Has any one on here ever done a week in a boat on the Norfolk Broads??

I've been voluntold by the Sage to be the driver, cook & bottle washer for a week with the Bicker-In-Laws and the dog.

I know I shouldn't complain as it's a free week away and I quite like the dog, but they are both as deaf as posts and refuse to use their hearing aids, so when they Bicker it all happens twice, any verbal assault is followed by "what"...... and repeat, it drives me utterly insane !

Anyone got any advice on a route for the week, starting and finishing at Stalham ?

I'm happy to put in 5 to 8 hours cruising a day (I'd go for 12 to 14 hours a day, but being around the Bicker-In-Laws I'm not sure I can stay sober for that long).

The route will need to allow occasional access to riverbanks for der hund's output functions? 

Any advice and offers of medication would be greatly appreciated.

As a thankyou I will post a video of der hund doing a very slow (because he's so old) fall down and play dead after being shot with a loaded finger.... he's never been taught it by any of us and we're utterly baffled as to where he picked it up from.

Nem...........

Maybe you could start the holiday with "walk the plank" game😁

We did it twice with the kids but has to be 20+ years ago now.  We did pub meals most nights and found that if you weren't parked up by 2.30pm you couldn't find a mooring anywhere within walking distance of a pub.  Mind you was school holidays so madly busy and even quite processional at times.

I was about to give you advice regarding Norfolk broads but then found out after reading your post we were talking about very different things.

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Nemesis said:

so when they Bicker it all happens twice, any verbal assault is followed by "what"...... and repeat, it drives me utterly insane !

Anyone got any advice

Wear earplugs :oops: :devil: 

Sorry :down: 

I tried that..... we were in Madeira, I had my extremely nice Zenneiser earphones plugged firmly in my ear canals, but to no avail, it ended up costing me thousands of pounds..... I went back to SCUBA diving !

• Haha 2

I’m sorry mate, I’m laughing my duck off right now. 🤣🤣🤣 I think we all saw disaster ahead but I’m sorry it came true. As Mel Brooks said, “Tragedy is when I cut my finger.  Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.”  Thanks for sharing, you’ve just confirmed why I’ll never hire a boat!

• Haha 1

The broads you say. All that water and you failed to complete 2 drownings 😄

I can confirm that not all of Norfolk is a swamp, just 90% of it. 😂