AliExpress. Item not received???

TableLeg

Does anybody know how to resolve an issue on AliExpress with an item not received?

It has been 2 1/2 months since it was sent by AirMail but tracking shows it hasn't arrived in the Uk.

I used the 'Extend buyer protection' but have not received any response from the seller.

Any advice on the best way to deal with this greatfully received.

4 hours ago, TableLeg said:

Does anybody know how to resolve an issue on AliExpress with an item not received?

It has been 2 1/2 months since it was sent by AirMail but tracking shows it hasn't arrived in the Uk.

I used the 'Extend buyer protection' but have not received any response from the seller.

How did you pay? Credit card? If so, take it up with the card company.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

How did you pay? Credit card? If so, take it up with the card company.

Thanks Ian,

Is that the normal process to take?

I can see I can raise a dispute.

I've had communication with the seller but they just keep saying I need to wait a few days.

Just now, TableLeg said:

Thanks Ian,

Is that the normal process to take?

I can see I can raise a dispute.

I've had communication with the seller but they just keep saying I need to wait a few days.

I've not bought from them. What are their published delivery times etc. Any T's and C's on delivery etc. How long have they been telling you to wait a few days for? 

Out of interest, which country is it being sent from? I’ve just waited 3 weeks for a parcel from France and 5 weeks from Italy. 

if it’s from outside Europe then there’s every chance that it may be held up at UK customs.

7 hours ago, TableLeg said:

Depends of the seller... it does have automatic protection if the item is not recieved withing 90 days. you are about 75 days in to the process.

I´m in the same situation.-

keep waiting I gess

image.png.e00549511512204774c79a515d68335c.png

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

Out of interest, which country is it being sent from? I’ve just waited 3 weeks for a parcel from France and 5 weeks from Italy. 

if it’s from outside Europe then there’s every chance that it may be held up at UK customs.

If it's on a boat from the far east then 8 to 10 weeks transit time is plausible, especially if they don't use Suez.

• Thanks 1

I'd imagine they haven't been shipping by air recently purely down to the  cargo rates going through the roof. They were up 6 fold at one point. Only now are they starting to drop but are still double the pre covid rate.

They'll be on the slow boat from china......

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

From China.

2 hours ago, maurici said:

Depends of the seller... it does have automatic protection if the item is not recieved withing 90 days. you are about 75 days in to the process.

I´m in the same situation.-

keep waiting I gess

image.png.e00549511512204774c79a515d68335c.png

Thanks Maurici,

I'll wait and see what happens then.

1 hour ago, Blatman said:

If it's on a boat from the far east then 8 to 10 weeks transit time is plausible, especially if they don't use Suez.

Was AirMail according to them.

Refunds take forever, but it will be ok.

The problems with Aliexpress come when an item gets delivered to the wrong address, as once they have a delivery confirmation you'll never see your money again and Chinese being Chinese, they always believe each other over the foreigner (anyone who's spent any time there will know this).
In one case I was able to show CCTV of the postman walking past my house at the time when the parcel was allegedly signed for and I still didn't get a refund....... That said I had one which was delivered to London somewhere (I live near Bham), and the seller issued a refund without having to open a dispute.

Funnily enough today I received an update to say it has arrived in the Uk (Heathrow).

:yes:

• Like 1