Recommend me a trailer

AlanHodge

11 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

My preference is to have a twin axle trailer as I domino fancy the outcome from a tree blow out at speed on a motorway etc

I've had a single axle trailer with a blow out and I didnt even notice until a lorry started flashing me to pull over. Of all my trailers ive had, it was the best to tow and manouvre. Dont let the blow out doom tellers put you off as its not true in my experience

I dont know if some of the trailers You are considering is a "tilting" type, but if so then this is a convincing argument for this model . So much easier without all the hassle with trailer ramps! . Just drive in, trailer titls and voila! Additional benefit is lower center of gravity . And less paring space needed . 

something like this :

eaf657dc-9de2-4f69-b9e8-d1a0c970aafc.jpe

• Like 1

Being tight I bought a trailer used on a motor home to tow a smart car.. There where loads of these available a few years back.  Cheep and  the extended the deck.  To fit the Westfield.. 

Mine is twin axle prg..tows well but agree with maurici balance needs to be correct..would have gone for 13" wheels and single axle if buying new.. for reasons given..

Tilting trailer looks the dogs!

I’ve used a hydraulic tilt bed quite a few times, (a mate used to let me borrow his, when he still had it); so much easier/better than ramps.

14 hours ago, Jim cunliffe said:

Hi Alan , your welcome to try my trailer ,it tows really good and being single axle is easier to manoeuvre! I’m pretty sure it’s a Brian James CT 126

Jim

Thanks Jim, we have a Ifor Williams trailer to trade in so prob going CT115 route. Have been thinking of transporter trailer for Smart car and Westy also want it for Scotland trip. Where now booked in Fri/Sat night at Peebles 👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 1

We’re waiting for the campsite at Peebles to start taking bookings so hopefully will be there. Alternatively l could borrow our son in laws van ,trailer the Westy and stay at the hotel.Food for thought !,

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim cunliffe said:

We’re waiting for the campsite at Peebles to start taking bookings so hopefully will be there. Alternatively l could borrow our son in laws van ,trailer the Westy and stay at the hotel.Food for thought !,

Sounds a good plan B Jim 👍🏼👍🏼