Multi car insurance

Westie66

Hi all

Just got an email with another policy up for renewal, at quite a markup from last year. I have got two "toys" on the road plus two which are active projects and of course the tintop. Every car has its own policy. Has anyone tried to get a multi car policy set up which includes kit cars and classic cars without the quotes being ridiculous?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Westie and my daily driver (Alfa GT diesel) are both on a combined policy with Footman James - total premium is about £250! This includes unlimited mileage, park on the drive, drive to work and salvage cover - amazing value compared with covering them separately

We can look at a multipolicy for you - we also look at separate too (often cheaper) as a broker we aim to find you the best price for the cover you need. Multipolicies aren't always the best way to go as you put all your eggs in one basket with an insurer, multi discounts slightly different as we can place with multiple insurers or the same insurer and apply discounts for them all being with A-Plan. 

Welcome to give us a call :) 01635 874646

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A-Plan Insurance THATCHAM said:

We can look at a multipolicy for you - we also look at separate too (sometimes cheaper) as a broker we aim to find you the best price for the cover you need.

Welcome to give us a call :) 01635 874646

I am away from home at the moment but you can expect a call later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Si.Dalziel said:

All my cars are with @A-Plan Insurance THATCHAM too

Me too, which helped slightly when I moved last year and had to amend address details across three policies. :down:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Westie66 said:

I am away from home at the moment but you can expect a call later.

open 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 12noon on Saturdays :) 

Ah...open Saturdays..didn't know that..good news as not always easy to answer loads of questions each year between 9 to 5 week day!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mole said:

Ah...open Saturdays..didn't know that..good news as not always easy to answer loads of questions each year between 9 to 5 week day!

Ahh.. it's not that many questions ;) just a bunch of Chatty Cathy's! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks!

Just a reminder that we can include home insurance on multi discounts - we are very good on home, save people on average around £127...

Personally I was paying £414 for buildings and contents with who my mortgage lender put me with when I bought my house... I went to A-Plan and I'm now paying £172.50 for both including better cover and allowing me to cover my portrait business (artwork supplies and working from home). 

Genuinely, if you have the time (a lot of us do in the current situation) dig out your documents and give us a call, we will pay up to £50 in cancellation fees with your current insurer so you can move across midterm and start saving straight away! If money is tight at the moment you're probably looking to save where you can, home insurance is a good place to start.

Much Love!
Carlie

• Like 1

@A-Plan Insurance THATCHAM I'm confused as when I last asked about multi car, I was told that policys are individual but the more you insure the more discount you would get on individual policys. Is that right or do you now have multi policys. 

I'm now worried I'm over paying

Tin top Inc business 

Mrs W's daily 

Camper

Westfield 

Caravan 

All insured via A-Plan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, syman84 said:

@A-Plan Insurance THATCHAM I'm confused as when I last asked about multi car, I was told that policys are individual but the more you insure the more discount you would get on individual policys. Is that right or do you now have multi policys. 

I'm now worried I'm over paying

Tin top Inc business 

Mrs W's daily 

Camper

Westfield 

Caravan 

All insured via A-Plan

No, No, you are doing it right don't worry 😁 Multi Discounts not Multi Policy

Carlie

• Like 1

I've just changed my home insurance to @A-Plan Insurance THATCHAM after reading this thread (as I thought they only did cars). Better home and contents cover than my previous provider and a great price too. Thanks Kirsty!

• Like 1

Just moved our family tintops to A-plan Thatcham on separate policies. Usual excellent service, and for the same cover cheaper than our previous multicar insurance.

Gary

• Like 1