Car SORNed due to Corovirus

yellow perilous

Well that's it for the next 3 months, my wife got a text today from the NHS telling her she is in the high risk category so we are house bound for at least 3 months. Anything other than essential journeys are banned and going out in the Westie is an open invite for the police to stop you. EXCEPT !!! Fill the passenger seat with food shopping and you've got an excuse! ONLY JOKING 🙃 

SERIOUSLY we all must do our bit and follow Boris's advice.

• Like 2

It’s tough but absolutely essential to follow gov advice. I have new to me westie that’s going to be epic, but unlikely to turn a wheel for at least 3 possibly 4 weeks. Who knows. Still on Sorn. 
Shame. 
All non-essential journeys are to stop, so none of this , self isolating on a run out’ please.

Protect our NHS. 

• Like 1

Yep, got the message last night, I’m in the enforced No Blat Club too for AT LEAST 12 weeks. :(

I greatly appreciate everyone’s efforts in helping to slow and hopefully stop the spread of this dreadful disease and protecting the NHS and their workers.  Let’s all hope that we can celebrate a glorious summer of blatting together in July. :)

• Like 2

Yep, agree was looking forward getting car off SORN in the next couple of weeks, then though it needs an MOT soon afterwards what if my garage closes and I can't get it MOTed, then thought actually going for a drive for the sake of it is not really socially responsible, none of us go out with the aim of having an accident but should it happen then there is the risk of putting even more pressure on the NHS.

So it's going to stay tucked up under a blanket for a little longer.

I've just phoned up and cancelled the MOT I had booked for my SEIW this Friday - difficult to justify it as an essential journey for my 3rd/4th car, different if it was my only one (and wasn't quite so conspicuous).  The garage was still open, with distancing measures in place, so I now also feel guilty that I've deprived them of income, but they agreed that I'd have difficulty explaining myself to Dorset/Avon & Somerset's finest. 

Some of us are still working so I get to drive mine to work.

What I don't like about the 'extremely vulnerable' message (my Good Lady had one too) is the edict regarding separate bedrooms! 😏

1 hour ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

What I don't like about the 'extremely vulnerable' message (my Good Lady had one too) is the edict regarding separate bedrooms! 😏

Same here. :(

She gets the more comfortable bed. :( 

Having SORNed four of my cars last Monday, the refund cheques arrived in the post today.  Much quicker than I thought would be the case.

Must remember not to spend all the money on sweets!  Better to make sure that some is left to allow me to get the cars back on the road when a semblance of order returns.

Simon