Winscreen seals

Bananaman

Hi

Recently fitted an Areoscreen from TimD.

This fitts where the original screen sitts so you can re fit the original Full screen when it's needed i.e. road use

On removal of the Full screen the pillars holding the screen were both attached with the aid of rubber solution.

This was a b******* to remove from the scuttle :arse: .

I whish toy change the two screens over faily regularly &  thought about fitting a kind of gasket where the pillars fit the scuttle.

I was thinking of using Neoprean (spelling) or some rubber sheet ( :0  :D  :devil:  :blush: ) to make a gasket.

Any ideas / suppliers?

Andy :t-up:

look here:  http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/sponge.html

srs91...

self adhesive bottom edge stuck to the bottom of the windscreen frame and works a treat.

screen sits 10+mm higher than normal but i'm big in the back so its probably a good thing. hood still fits well enough too.

(couldnt do the link properly sorry....no java blahdy blah blah)

Jonny

It aint the bottom of the screen i'm thinking of its the pliiars on the side of the scuttle.

Andy :t-up:

oh, right..well, mines not sealed there at all...i only get a little spray when its really wet...do you need to seal it?

i guess some of the thinnest closed cell self adhesive foam would do

Have been thinking of a similar setup recently, was thinking of applying electricians tape to the scuttle area then apply silcone sealant in the gap, and fit the screen.

When its set remove the screen and pillars, remove the tape and hopefully you have a made to measure seal  ;)  :D

Well thats the theory  :)  :D  :D

I suspect that would break up in time.   I reckon a section of rubber extrusion from woolies would be the best bet, though what size n shape is something I have no idea about.   You should be able to bond it to the bottom of the screen, and rely on it's flexibility to make a seal on the scuttle panel.

Whatever method, it will always be a compromise.

;)

Having recently been removing some 5 yr old silicone sealant from the westy, its tough stuff and showed no signs of deterioration in fact it was an asolute B*****d to get off

:0

But who knows  :sheep:  pays your money makes your choice

;)  :D

it was an asolute B*****d to get off

I'd concure with that Karl.

All I want is some thin rubber / Neoprean sheet to make a gasket where the screen pillars fit the scuttle.

There was no sealant under the screen (thank god) however some sealant tape like Neil suggests might be a good idea stuck to the bottom of the screen.

Andy

If your going to the Stafford show this weekend you should be able to pick up some small sheets of rubber from the parts stalls, I think there is normally a good selection of grades / styles available

Glen