SootySport

Most Annoying New Car Features.

SootySport

So far just about every driver aid has its ‘Haters’ except ABS which I think works fine as well on a road car.

I also don’t see the point in tyre repair kits as I know not of a single person that has cured a puncture with them. Everyone seems to drive with a flat tyre straight a tyre shop only to be told they have to buy a new tyre 😀

Andrew

Wide low profile tyres that cant cope with a couple of inches of snow! Daughter's Beemer stuck up the road somewhere this morning. 😞 

Snags
1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Wide low profile tyres that cant cope with a couple of inches of snow! Daughter's Beemer stuck up the road somewhere this morning. 😞 

My driveway being gravel swallows BMW's wholesale even 4wd versions😎

Snags

I have always had a nervousness about heated seats, all stems back to a Volvo company car I used during the late seventies. These seats were automatically controlled and you couldn't turn them off, they would only activate after the seat had achieved about 10 degrees(warmed by your freezing behind) then fry you until crisp and golden at about 25 degrees(often afraid that it wasn't going to turn off). Travelling about 60k miles per year really damaged me😱

DamperMan
On 10/02/2020 at 15:15, Andrew said:

BMW indicators! I've two 335s in the family that I occasionally have to drive. Do you need to go on a course or something to learn how to operate them? 

After ages getting pi%%ed off with them in the menus it’s possible to switch off one touch.    Although something else I found which is more useful is to cancel don’t flick the switch back to centre.. if turning left cancel by flicking left again and it cancels.    At worst you’ll stay indicating the same way.   It’s a lot better that indicating all over the place.   

Ian Podmore

Electric handbrakes. Disengage when you don't want them to, and won't engage when you want them to.