Steering Wheels

Ian Gratton

We currently have a Racetech 260mm wheel on our XTR².  

I sometimes think it would be slightly better to have a bigger diameter wheel on the car so as to get better feedback and make steering inputs a little less sensitive.

Considering switching over to a 305mm wheel to help with this.

What size wheel do you use ???

280mm Momo. ;)

Had a 250mm D-shape on when i bought the the car (too small & slightly odd with flat bit at the bottom) i think that the guy B4 me was 6'4" ???

Andy :t-up:

240 mm d shape. V small but I like it... and it prevents knuckle scrape on the aero screen. Bit lively over very rough surfaces... but hey!!?

I've got the 240mm D shaped Racetech one, helps a lot with legroom for us lanky peeps. Doesn't do much for visibility of top half of speedo/tacho though  :blush:

It is small but you soon get used to it and it makes the steering feel a bit quicker. Perhaps it's just cos the wheel's harder to turn  :blush:  :durr:

Ok,

any ideas where I can get a 305mm flat aspect wheel from with suede ???

I tried Raceparts (RaceTech) yesterday and they don't have any in stock...I'd like to get this sorted by saturday as the car is on the track sunday.