Sports Seats v Turbo’s - How Low?

LythamBrownie

On 21/01/2020 at 15:30, Davemk1 said:

I'm also 6'4" and had the very same issue. I have the Turbo seat and I removed the slider and mounted the seat directly to the floor to get it as low and far back as I can and it helped a good bit.

After using it this way for some time I replaced the seat with a Tillet and mounted it directly as low and far back as I could and this was a big change. The Tillet is so thin that it allows your butt and back to be further down and back. I now have plenty of room for my long legs and I can spend hours in the car without issue. And the bonus of the Tillet is that it's much lighter than the stock seat.

In the end I think you'll find that mounting it direct, without the adjuster rails, will be your answer.

dave

Hi Dave (or anyone else), I'm in the same boat. Was it simply a case of drilling new holes in the floor and bolting the Sports Turbo seat straight on or did you use some kind of bracket? I presume you use some big washers or similar to spread the load a little bit? 

Hi Greg..... exactly that...... my tillets came with two side brackets that I simply bolted straight to the floor pans and used some 3mm thick aluminium stiffening plate that runs from Front L&R bolt and then same again for the rear.

12 hours ago, Greg69 said:

Hi Dave (or anyone else), I'm in the same boat. Was it simply a case of drilling new holes in the floor and bolting the Sports Turbo seat straight on or did you use some kind of bracket? I presume you use some big washers or similar to spread the load a little bit? 

I took the runners off my sport turbo seat  and ,the bolts on the bottom dropped straight into the same holes as the runners . No new holes needed .

On 02/09/2020 at 00:31, Greg69 said:

I made some simple and thin brackets to fit the Sport Turbo seats directly to the floor....and yes I used large fender washers to spread the load over the floor.

Mounting the Tillets was easier and it didn't require an brackets at all. There are female threaded holes in the bottom of the seat so it was a matter of fitting threaded studs into the bottom of the seat and then passing those studs through the floor and then securing them with nuts on the underside of the floor.

dave