file reduction

dasamdy

I've downloaded mad swede (aka ghostrider) from kazaa but it's file size is too large to fit on a cd

Does anyone know if it is possible to reduce the file size??

If you have an answer can I have it in understandable terms rather than being too techy :durr:

Cheers

Dave

Winzip  ???  ???  :D

I ended up cropping the file into a MPEG which then caused a whole load of problems on finding a suitable codec to play it.

In the end the best approach I have found is use Nero (thanks Ricdiggle) to burn a SVCD using the file which can be played directly in a DVD player (as long as it is modern).  

Which reminds me I still need to send a couple out.....

Westy, can you talk me through how to do this :durr:

Tommo, remarks like that will get you struck off my Christmas card list :0  :p  :D

Got ya car back yet mate?

Cheers

Dave

yep, get hold of a recent copy of Nero which has the SVCD functionality (not sure versions it comes with but get the latest).  Then start a new project, look for a video CD, then select the DIVX ghostrider movie and create it....

Got ya car back yet mate?

*Groan* not 'till a week on Saturday, only found out today. Was hoping for this Saturday, but won't be 'till early next week and I'm away. Still, it is skiing, so that makes up for it!!!