2020 Trackday chat

TAFKARM

27 minutes ago, RussH said:

@Mole was talking about Donington on April 6th

April 6th being my birthday.. 

Would be nice singing happy birthday to me as I belt down the Craners .. rather than singing Happy Birthday X2 as I wash my hands confined to home. 🤔

I now have suspension arms back on.. and have a little bit left to build car back up - but am then away until end of March.. so wont get geometry set up complete until after Easter.. so looking at these dates for my first day..

Mon 20/04/20

Donington Park

Open Pitlane

National circuit

N/A

98 dB(A)N/A

£179.00

Tue 21/04/20

Snetterton

Open Pitlane

300 Circuit

102 dB(A)

92 dB(A)N/A

£159.00

Fri 24/04/20

Donington Park

Open Pitlane

National circuit

N/A

98 dB(A)N/A

£285.00

Fri 24/04/20

Cadwell Park

Open Pitlane

Full circuit

105 dB(A)

105 dB(A)N/A

£149.00

Sat 25/04/20

Blyton Park

Open Pitlane

Outer Circuit

N/A

95 dB(A)N/A

£149.00

Mon 27/04/20

Snetterton

Open Pitlane

300 Circuit

105 dB(A)

92 dB(A)N/A

£159.00

Mon 27/04/20

Donington Park

Open Pitlane

National circuit

N/A

98 dB(A)N/A

£179.00

At the moment i think maybe will be Friday 24th...at Donnington - waiting for confirmation from the suspension set up guy...

Cant wait to get out again!

That Friday looks priced suspiciously like 'track day before race weekend' money... may be worth a check to ensure it isn't overrun with race cars trying too hard and bullying people around!

3 minutes ago, AdamR said:

overrun with race cars trying too hard and bullying people around!

Nowt like Croft then @RussH 😁

12 minutes ago, AdamR said:

That Friday looks priced suspiciously like 'track day before race weekend' money... may be worth a check to ensure it isn't overrun with race cars trying too hard and bullying people around!

Friday 24th is just before a race weekend .. but it's bikes. :yes:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mole said:

At the moment i think maybe will be Friday 24th...at Donnington

Just noticed the Friday 24th day price! It's an Opentrack day. Pretty certain the one on the previous Monday run by MSV will have fewer cars and is £100 cheaper!

Being a miserly old pensioner I know which one I'd opt for.. 😉

Also given that Dave Woodhall seems unable to count, you may find it is extremely busy.

25 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Also given that Dave Woodhall seems unable to count, you may find it is extremely busy.

too true sounds like a man who speaks from experience

23 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Just waiting for @Ben (bunje) to chuck in his 2p  😄

That Cadwell day he did was bad. 120 cars was it? 🤔

If I'm looking at a trackday at an MSV owned circuit .. it has to be an MSV run day.

Ben beat me to the post. 😄

27 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Just waiting for @Ben (bunje) to chuck in his 2p  😄

That Cadwell day he did was bad. 120 cars was it? 🤔

If I'm looking at a trackday at an MSV owned circuit .. it has to be an MSV run day.

Ben beat me to the post. 😄

been there done that lol i always look for msv days if i can 

i did Donnington a few years back with only 19 cars. 

I agree.. and one of the worst days I did was Donnington a couple of years ago with RMA.. expensive and over run with Ginettas and others testing before the race weekend.. and non stop Red flags.. and RMA just let it happen

So yes will check..

I am meant to be on holiday in USA in a week or so.. if it gets cancelled due to virus then hopefully I will be able to get on track sooner!!

15 hours ago, Mole said:

I agree.. and one of the worst days I did was Donnington a couple of years ago with RMA.. expensive and over run with Ginettas and others testing before the race weekend.. and non stop Red flags.. and RMA just let it happen

It's a strange situation TDOs find themselves in. I reckon they have to walk the narrow line between enforcing rules and not peeing off people on either side of the infringements, so you get the.. "That's it I'm never doing a (insert TDO name here) day again!"

My thoughts are much the same for Donington's strict 98db drive by rule. The past two days I've done there were both run by MSV. There were cars being pulled in for tripping the meters, and simply told which one they'd tripped and to short shift past them.. didn't see anyone kicked off. 

Now I wonder if the MSV staff show the same tolerance when policing the noise on another TDO's days? ..whether deliberately or sort of subconsciously? .. MSV would have less to lose by kicking cars off? 

I agree Andrew.. except when people are driving like idiots the TDO needs to get everyone together and explain the situation and get the red cards out!

30 minutes ago, Mole said:

I agree Andrew.. except when people are driving like idiots the TDO needs to get everyone together and explain the situation and get the red cards out!

I've seen that happen before too... last year at Snetterton Mr Woodall gathered all the Ginetta Juniors together for a mass bollicking. 😄