Awards evening thanks

Simon Waterfall Syman84

Great event very well run and nice to have a winter catch up with people. 

Just one question having won the sprint challenge. 

Who was Bob Green and what's his back story. Would be nice to understand where the award came from thanks 

Simon

Well done Simon

A few years ago I started to do the Tel's Tales articles which eventually developed into the magazine articles as well as my Blogs on this website covering the speed series

When I suggested doing this Bob Green was a keen photographer following our speed series the paddock and offered to provide photos for the articles. Alas after about 6 months Bob died from cancer and his family donated the award and presented it at a our Awards do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Echo your thanks Simon. Was a good do indeed, much thanks to members for pulling it all together, friends, family and generous sponsors for coming and thier contributions. 

37 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Well done Simon

A few years ago I started to do the Tel's Tales articles which eventually developed into the magazine articles as well as my Blogs on this website covering the speed series

When I suggested doing this Bob Green was a keen photographer following our speed series the paddock and offered to provide photos for the articles. Alas after about 6 months Bob died from cancer and his family donated the award and presented it at a our Awards do. 

Yep. Bob Green was a WSCC member who had a green Cosworth powered car for many years and in his latter days he started photographing speed series events. A real nice guy and he  visited the Derby and Notts area meeting literally weeks before he sadly passed away.

• Like 1

Thanks to Terry and the team for organising the evening. My wife and I had a lovely time and it was good to put names to faces!

congrats to all the winners this year

cheers Ian

• Like 2

great evening  thanks to all who organised it. and well done to the winners

• Like 1

Thanks all for organising. Good to catch up with people having not competed at all this year.