MSAUK! Grass Roots my posterior!

a4gom

Please remember that this year Registration/entry to speed series is FREE so that offsets the extra for your licences

On 21/11/2019 at 17:16, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Please remember that this year Registration/entry to speed series is FREE so that offsets the extra for your licences

For everyone? 

yes its free for all full members of WSCC

Just hang on a little whilst we submit and get our Regs approved then it will be on website store or paper entry

• 2 months later...

Having spoken with Motorsport UK if you have a Speed National A in 2019 but don't require the RS National for 2020 and 'drop' to Interclub then, if for 2021 you do need the RS National then when applying you dont require signatures from 2020

On 21/11/2019 at 14:53, AdamR said:

I think they are?

The licences which are free are just for events like club autotests etc. Events which you didn't need a licence for before. These events only needed a club card which meant people new to motorsport, passers by etc could join the club on the day and enter if they wanted a go. 

Now its no licence no play. 

I paid £78 for my British cycling membership.  I need it to compete in the 1 event per year I do.   There are no real benefits.    The legal cover turned out to be a referral to a no win no fee accident chasing lawyer.  There is an alternative for this event, Getting a GP to do a medical and write a certificate which costs more than the membership and more time and effort.     So it’s not just the MSA which take your money and run.    Still that £78 I see as just a small part of my Italian Grand fondo cost.   Bike, flights, hotel, spending money, wife bribes, more new bike bits, share of passport?.    The problem is spending money on licences it’s hard to feel a tangible gain.