MSAUK! Grass Roots my posterior!

a4gom

Big hike in licence fees.

Increase in permit fees including grass roots events. Everyone must have a licence even if the event is just a club event! (There are free licences for the simple club events but looks like they are more than covered by all the other increases.

Next year will be a bad year for motorsport in the uk, not only will these changes reduce newcomers, they'll lose existing competitors.

goodness me!

• Like 2

I haven’t had my renewal yet. How much has a speed B increased by?

Equivalent to Nat B is now £69 and called Interclub so its not too bad for a year

The Nat A costs are excessive IMHO and unjustified

I will probably reduce my licence to the cheaper one

43 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Why are the costs not in plain view here: https://www.motorsportuk.org/2020-rs-clubman-licence/  ?

It appears the RS Clubman license is free.

I can see what they are doing - providing you do plenty of events, a lot of the 'added value' included within the licenses this year will definitely add up to more than the additional cost of the license. However, for occasional competitiors I don't think it reflects good value at all now. I have a feeling they will lose these sorts of people (me included), who perhaps would have been a better 'target' for their strategy than trying to get new people in (especially with the 'costs to entry' being so high - ARDS test, racewear, etc).

So you (anyone not precisely aimed to someone), are competing with a £15k car. Having slick sets worth £2k a season, going to events to the other side of the country with car and trailer and campervan, wife, kid and dog...  and all the kit... but then £40 or £50 quid at the start of the seaon are a deal breaker...

Amousing. 😛

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rory's Dad said:

First year should be free... 

It appears so, my point is that a license fee pales into insignificance compared with a race suit, boots, helmet, HANS and an ARDS test (looking at this from the point of view of a circuit racer).

• Haha 1

It was not meant to be relative, it was meant to be absolute. I think they should be saying "Welcome to the sport - have the first year on us". 

• Like 1

I need to renew my licence as I havent bothered for a couple of years.

I used to have Speed A Open so I coudl drive somethign non roadgoing >2000cc etc. but that was back in the old days.

What should I be applying for now?  will and RS Inter Club give me sprinting in anything now?

I think its RS Inter Club that people need as a minimum for sprinting and hillclimbs which is £69

I will probably not bother keeping my Nat A (open) which becomes RS National at £149 as I don't need it

15 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

I think its RS Inter Club that people need as a minimum for sprinting and hillclimbs which is £69

I will probably not bother keeping my Nat A (open) which becomes RS National at £149 as I don't need it

Any idea what the bluebook says now about RS Inter Club and what it will an wont cover sprinting wise?