Ambergate Motor Heritage Centre, Derbyshire

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Due to open in April 2020, a new car museum is being built in Derbyshire, it is located approx a 15 minute drive South of where we meet for the Peak District runs in Matlock. It will include a display of 100 cars and there will be a 'Drive Dad's Car' driving experience along a mile long route. The exhibition will be called 'The Great British Car Journey - when Britain ruled the road'

A decked seating area will overlook the river Derwent and there will be a cafe, gift shop and workshop on site, with parking provided for 65 cars.

I will be proud to take my British Westfield to this place. Glen hopes there will be a Westfield included in the driving experience and he might actually get to drive one!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is the new venture by Richard Usher, ex Blyton??

He'll more than welcome large WSCC convoys.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

This is the new venture by Richard Usher, ex Blyton??

He'll more than welcome large WSCC convoys.

Yes it is

• Like 1

Excellent news!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We called in here today to have a nosey, apparently there are 90 cars already there, although we couldn't see them. What we did see though, is a whisky and gin distillery next door, called White Peak Distillery. They have a shop open Tues-Sat, just thinking for xmas pressies, the funny bit is that the Shining Cliff Hostel is next door to the distillery, just in case you get tempted to try before you buy and need to stay over.

Distillery tours take place on a Saturday at 11am, costing £12.

Did someone mention a motor museum, oops, I seem to have gone off the subject a bit :oops:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Bad news I am afraid, this project will no longer be going ahead because both directors are ill and have been advised to step back from it.

• Sad 4

11 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

Bad news I am afraid, this project will no longer be going ahead because both directors are ill and have been advised to step back from it.

Just saw the same Facebook post. The full announcement is on their Twitter page.  

A real shame, hope the directors get well soon

S00213-184354.jpg

• Sad 2