Idiot reckless Transit driver

Greenstreak-Andy D

Just doing the usual commute past Bentley and this idiot transit driver decides to make this crazy manoeuvre! All in a 30 zone, and i was doing 30!

Bit disappointed with my Nextbase 312GW resolution though.

Welcome to the real world of morons...... they walk, cycle and drive among us..... and they breed.

The NextBase is a fine camera, what class of card are you using with it?

I run a couple of Road Hawk DC2 cameras in my car and get great results, mainly due to the SD cards being able to keep up with the data rates, I know that some of the cheaper cards that claim to be Class 10 just don't perform well so I avoid them.

Nem.....

Good grief, what a dick! Thank god there was no one near the crossing.

As above, worth checking the SD card and perhaps camera settings, it should do better than that, unless it’s just the compression from the upload.

Two sins in one action! Apart from the speed being probably over the limit. I would ask what was the driver thinking, but thinking presupposes the existence of a brain.

I would contact there firm and show them the video, no one wants an employee like that.

I cycle to work and have had to make formal complaints to bus companies and scaffold companies both of these took it seriously.

13 minutes ago, Chris Brading said:

I would contact there firm and show them the video, no one wants an employee like that.

I cycle to work and have had to make formal complaints to bus companies and scaffold companies both of these took it seriously.

Or, chalk it up and move on with your life, no one got hurt, he made an error of judgement. 

At least he indicated left !!

Some police areas encourage people to download footage to them.  

You think about it ours cars are effectively toys on the road and driven legally with them is pointless, then why is our insurance premium so low? Because we make rational decisions when and where to use them. If that moron drove a Westfield he would not last more than five minutes.

I expect if you reported/complained about the vehicle it would come up as unknown address or owner! I have had similar and driver was off his head with a similar passenger - nothing could be done as they could not trace the driver?

I'm surprised though it's normally white van man that has rights to the road😂

When you ride a push bike people do that every day.  Overtake where they shouldn’t , often pull in on me as they miss read my speed then pull over/ park/ turn/. It’s more than a mild inconvenient or a possible close scratch your paint.. it’s your life in their hands.    There’s been some close ones in the last 2 weeks. Not youths or van drivers but an elderly lady and a mother on the school run.   Both blinded by urgency and oblivious  to how exposed a rider is.      Last Sunday a group of 5 of us pulled to the middle of the road, indicating to turn right when said elderly lady over took us.  The front rider was about to turn.      Then this week turning right and taking the second exit at the round about I was undertaken by a Touran full of child seats and pretty much blocked my exit off the round about.   I ride. 200 mile a week and to be fair most drivers are respectful and i’m Respectful of them but.......   

9 hours ago, Nic (NICO) - Shropshire and Mid-Wales AO said:

At least he indicated left !!

Some police areas encourage people to download footage to them.  

That made me laugh Nic!

I was intent on doing just this, till i realised i couldn't read the idiot's number plate.Any clues how i can zoom in to identify the number?

Interesting comments on the SD card, here's a photo of the one i fitted, a San Disk Ultra 64GB A1 micro SD. Is this the correct one, or should i find a better replacement?

Camera resolution on its max 1080p, Suggestions welcome for any improvements.

IMG_2441.jpeg.9b8a0fab1588acbcda0b43877e6fa852.jpeg

9 hours ago, Chris Brading said:

You think about it ours cars are effectively toys on the road and driven legally with them is pointless, then why is our insurance premium so low? Because we make rational decisions when and where to use them. If that moron drove a Westfield he would not last more than five minutes.

Totally agree!

1 hour ago, DamperMan said:

When you ride a push bike people do that every day.  Overtake where they shouldn’t , often pull in on me as they miss read my speed then pull over/ park/ turn/. It’s more than a mild inconvenient or a possible close scratch your paint.. it’s your life in their hands.    There’s been some close ones in the last 2 weeks. Not youths or van drivers but an elderly lady and a mother on the school run.   Both blinded by urgency and oblivious  to how exposed a rider is.      Last Sunday a group of 5 of us pulled to the middle of the road, indicating to turn right when said elderly lady over took us.  The front rider was about to turn.      Then this week turning right and taking the second exit at the round about I was undertaken by a Touran full of child seats and pretty much blocked my exit off the round about.   I ride. 200 mile a week and to be fair most drivers are respectful and i’m Respectful of them but.......   

I to spend a lot of time on a bike commuting to work and the near miss’s are nearly always carelessness rarely are they malicious in nature. I was took out a couple of years ago a car turned left across a bus lane and the horror on the face of the driver with me bleeding on the floor and the young daughter crying in the car and me re-assuring them I was alright really was something the three of us will never forget.  We are now on nodding terms when we pass each other, sometimes I do fake fear crossing my arms across my face in mock  panic for LOLs.