Heated Gloves for Winter Driving

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

DSC09846.JPG.da4c28992fbacdca4cadaf7afb448ded.JPG

I have just tried these heated cycle gloves for driving my Westfield today. They have a 2 year warranty. It is easy to toggle between power modes by simply pressing the red button. They came with 2 rechargeable batteries that are 7.2V 200mAh Li-polymer batteries that provide 5-6 hours run time. On max power they heat to 50-55 degreesC for 2-2.5hrs. Primaloft Gold insulation provides the thermal insulation and breathability while being thin enough to maintain the dexterity for driving (or cycling too). The batteries are charged through a USB cable, a full charge taking 6 hours and sit neatly in a pocket on your wrist, weighing 70g each.The gloves are waterproof. It has been 13 degrees ambient temperature today, not the coldest of days, so I have started off on level 3 and turned them off as I got hot. Can't wait to try them when it gets really cold, so far I am impressed.

They were purchased from Cotswold Outdoor in Bakewell where the sales manager emailed me a receipt to back up the paper one, saying 'just bring them back within 3 years if you have any problem and we will replace them' (the box says SEALSKINZ 2 year guarantee). They replaced my broken compass last year without delay, so I will give them a top rating for customer service.

Showing the battery attachment

DSC09845.JPG.b5c82de7167ab152ad44e5883fadd585.JPG

Charging the batteries 

DSC09841.JPG.f8f24f4570dc44a30f9534c15e357820.JPG

They come in a box, when did anyone last buy gloves that come in a box

DSC09840.JPG.af5f8e53ebf3c529315aee0dbbffd571.JPG

• Like 9

You may find they charge quicker from a mains powered USB charger, than the laptop. I've got a spare one I can pass to you if you need one? Also you won't need to leave the PC on to charge them etc and you can take it on trips etc.

Yes please, I do not have one so that would be very kind of you. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

Yes please, I do not have one so that would be very kind of you. Thank you.

No problem. I'll put it in the Westie for next time I see you.

Well I think we are ready for it, the 3 pin socket has been fitted, just need a bit of advice on what to connect it to ???🤣

@Barnsley John if it is a success, perhaps you could get one for your car, be the first in Barnsley to have electricity!!! 😁

😀😀😀

DSC09888.JPG.92d5e12466f44dfc96f7ed5331c29a31.JPG

oh groan, the cleaning has been done and the mucking around starts

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

We discussed having something like that, but it was deemed to be a bit over the top 😃

If you tow this, it should just about cope with your in car electrical requirements, we can only assume heated socks are to follow:

image.png.b0e6851403dba38d07e7df7bfc96ff28.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

ok     have a go at barnsley      you lot           yes we have got electric          mainly for the criminals to fry them in in a chair 

I used BLAZE WARE gloves and inner gloves in my ten year paramotoring in winter and also in my first kit car 

they were very good with similar powere buttons   I think they are lipo batterys 

I have always had had problems with cold hand and feet so I also put a pair of inner heated gloves on as well as flying around at 2000 ft in winter you needed them

you had a mains charger or a car charger for recharging

have a look at the site they do alsorts of body warming stuff as well  

I think the more amps hr they are the warmer they are as well as lasting longer ian bagpuss will maybe tell you more about the whats amps etc

I have also used this last couple of years some of the handwarmer/ feet warmer  in a t bag form they last about 5 hrs and are very warm to put down your gloves and boots they are usally about £ 1 a pair from cheep shops and the same make from camping shops are about £4

I have also had the re boil ones when you crack a disk in the middle of the gel / pad but they are rubbish lasting around 30 mins then you boil in a pan of water to reset them

any body wants to know any more detais please let me know  as I have tried all sorts for flying with 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1