Banksy 'Devolved Parliament'.

DonPeffers

What is not clear is who owned it to sell. It was originally loaned to a Bristol museum but as Banksy claims not to own it who has just made a huge amount.

Having seen a lot of his work it does appear out of character to do oil on canvas but he may be talented enough and not just capable of using a stencil.

As for the value, if someone thinks it is worth it then it is but there is now way it is in my mind but then again no painting is

Not me in case anyone was wondering. However, I did have the opportunity to take a banksy, selfy, of a banksy.

20191003_131037.jpg

• Like 1

Wish I was local to go have a butchers.. did a bit of a pilgrimage earlier this year to a couple of his works 😎

8F509BED-6F0B-4ECA-8A13-A2B5DB576D4F.jpeg

79139644-3296-455D-9756-213846CDAB9C.jpeg

864CCDE5-D084-470B-A38C-D6DA09E2AC8E.jpeg

E36EF73D-6CE0-466B-912F-C64C3666C649.jpeg

It's not my bag.

I just don't see the exitment / value / talent at all.

• Thanks 1

On 04/10/2019 at 18:56, jeff oakley said:

Having seen a lot of his work it does appear out of character to do oil on canvas but he may be talented enough and not just capable of using a stencil.

Banksy is an amazingly talented artist and has a history of re-painting old masters pieces like constable (adding police tape and CCTV cameras) to portray his message. 

He decided on the stencil approach as he began his mural work in train yards and other public places so had to find a way to paint extremely quickly without detection.

The stencil work is merely one of his styles but is in no way an indication on the limits of his talents as an artist.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MrPid said:

Banksy is an amazingly talented artist and has a history of re-painting old masters pieces like constable (adding police tape and CCTV cameras) to portray his message. 

He decided on the stencil approach as he began his mural work in train yards and other public places so had to find a way to paint extremely quickly without detection.

The stencil work is merely one of his styles but is in no way an indication on the limits of his talents as an artist.

I am aware that he has taken many old charity shop paintings and added his own bit to them, like helicopter gun ships and oil workers etc, but this is the only fully painted original that I am aware of. He may well be a talented artist but as his identity is a closely guarded secret it is hard to do a meaningful comparison, what he is the best at is promotion and creating this aura around him.

Living in Bristol my wife has a friend whose son went to school with him. They are very protective of his identity and he is very generous to his close friends. He has a Banksy in his bedroom that he will never sell or let outsiders see to keep his identity that way.