England vs New Zealand

tolf

What a cracking game of cricket! Who would have thought we would have a Super Over to decide the world cup. Great cricket from two world class teams. 🏏

• Like 2

Best game of cricket I've ever seen.

Well done England. From watching the shambles 4 years ago to winning today. What a turnaround. Even my mrs (who hates cricket) has just been shouting at the telly for the past hour. 

Well done fellas 🍾

And well done to the kiwis too. :yes:

• Like 1

What an afternoon of sport, spent ages flipping between the tennis and the cricket, both decided by the very smallest of margins. Wo

Truth be known, NZ let England win because they felt sorry for them having not won a World Cup before.😋

22 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Truth be known, NZ let England win because they felt sorry for them having not won a World Cup before.😋

NZ put up a very good fight but England have really performed in this tournament lets hope they keep it up.

Magical, unbelievable game and I usually can't stand cricket.

What a game and great sportsmanship from both teams.

How long before cricket gets VAR to assist referees with a fast game and complex rules?

Sorry the Kiwis lost and complete gentlemen.

What an absolutely amazing spectacle! I was running around like a giddy child when it finished. I'm going to the Old Trafford Ashes match so looking forward to taking some momentum into that.

Combined with possibly the best Grand Prix of many years, and an epic Wimbledon mens final, it was quite a day of sport!

• Like 1

The most dramatic sporting final event I have witnessed. Simply amazing..

Er, technically we didn't beat them. They scored 15 runs in their super over same as us. Deciding it on number of boundaries scored for me is a bit of a shame but them's the rules.

BUT.. it was an epic game of cricket for sure. 

12 hours ago, Blatman said:

Er, technically we didn't beat them. They scored 15 runs in their super over same as us. Deciding it on number of boundaries scored for me is a bit of a shame but them's the rules.

So according to the rules we scored more boundaries than they did. In my book thats beating them

12 hours ago, Blatman said:

But they also lost a wicket in the super over where england didn't. But then again england lost more wickets in the 50 overs. There could have been a dozen ways to decide it half of which could have swung it to NZ.

No doubt about it though lady luck was definitly shining on england. The caught ball that the fielder stood on the boundary to give us 6 then the over throws to the boundary to give us another 6 ( letter of law says should have been 5). 

The one thing that still stands out to me after watching the highlights again yesterday, is despite all the rotten luck is the class of the Kiwis in accepting defeat. I'm not sure other teams or england either would have been quite so gracious and sportsman like. 

• Like 1