Westfield 145BHP X-Flow £3500

Ken Robson

As AO for Bristol & Bath I have been approached bya lovely lady whose son owned the following Westfield but tragically died suddenly of a heart attack aged only 43.  This is clearly a difficult time for her so I would ask that you show respect for her situation when replying.  I have seen the car and the spec is as follows: -

The year of the car is hard to tell, believed to be 1988 but the car is registered as the Ford Cortina donor car so will need to go through SVA to be registered as a Westfield.  The price of £3500 reflects this and is not negotiable but the spec of the car is well worth the money so please read on.

Body & Interior

Swept Wings, Green Body with Yellow Nosecone.

Full weather gear with hood, side screens, boot & full toneau.

Chrome headlights and stoneguards, Black roll over bar.

5 x Fox alloys shod with 195/65 R15 Yokahama tyres which look new, VDO instruments, immobiliser, fire extinguisher, Willans harnesses, wooden Mountney steering wheel and wood effect dash, black seats and carpets but the drivers carpet will need replacing.

Brakes

Discs front - Drums rear

Engine & Gearbox

1700 X-Flow fully reconditioned in 2000 by Vulcan Engineering at a cost of £1,667.50.  145 BHP, Maxiflow 1B Head, Unleaded conversion, fully balanced, high pressure oil pump, electric fuel pump, Twin Weber 40 carbs, Lumenition ignition, Alloy oil catch tank with level guage.  Type 9 four speed gearbox.

General

This car was purchased in 1999 for £5500 and since then has had a new engine and numerous other modifications.  I did not add up all of the receipts but would estimate that they would be somewhere approaching £10,000.

As stated above the car is currently registered as the Ford Cortina donor vehicle, carries its registration mark and is subsequently tax exempt.  The car is legal to drive now but will need to go through SVA and be re-registered as a Westfield between now and when the Mot expires in July 2004.  

The price is £3500.00 (no offers) for a quick sale.  The car is near J33 of the M4 outside of Cardiff.  To view please contact Mrs Hilary Morris on 02920 593478 and be mindful of her situation.  Mrs Morris will not be able to answer any technical questions, I have given as many details as I can but you could call me on 07753 987028 if you wish.

Ken Robson

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.