The descent of Politics.

DonPeffers

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/9024806/theresa-may-insane-brexit-behind-closed-doors/

"Theresa May branded ‘insane’ and ‘pathetic’ by EU’s chief Brexit negotiators in shocking BBC documentary

The BBC's Brexit: Behind Closed Doors will see Guy Verhofstadt swearing about the PM."

The two part BBC4 documentary is a eye-opening view of the EU's top Eurocrats (portmanteau word) guzzling wine in meetings, swearing at a screen and deriding Britain.

Previously Mr Tusk (President of the European Council) said "We will remain friends until the end of days. And one day longer."    Nice words!

Meanwhile  https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/09/vince-cable-stakes-lib-dems-claim-as-torch-carriers-for-remain

Vince Cable has staked the Liberal Democrats’ (surely need to drop the Democrats wording) claim to be the leading remain party in the European elections, as he unveiled a forthright new slogan for the campaign: “b*****k* to Brexit.” The phrase is now emblazoned across the Lib Dem manifesto for the 23 May poll.

I remember when the Liberal party had some class!

Re. filter edit--b*****k*  sounds like rollocks.

Thanks for the headsup on the BBC4 prog. I'd always considered the Beeb to be pro remain.

For the Liberal party reference, Jeremy Thorpe and 'Scott of the Arseantics' immediately springs to mind. Some Class! Eh?

As for the Lib Dems. I think the name fits. They've adopted a Liberal definition of the word Democrat.

• Haha 1

This is what happens when a 70 year old economist tries to be trendy. rollicks to the Lib Dem’s.

Agreed. The Liberal DEMOCRATS have a manifesto pledge to deny democracy. It beggars belief. Surely this is a case for Trading Standards to get involved with... :oops: 

I don't care if they have a 'confirmatory people's vote or whatever euphemistic warm and cuddly term they care to use, as long as 'Remain' is not on the paper. There must be two options only: leave with no formal agreement, or adopt Mrs May's semi-leave, semi-stay so-called deal. Whether to leave or remain was already decided and nobody knows any more about the likely consequences now than they ever did since we have not left. What I have learned is how hostile our self-styled 'friends' in the EU organisation are and how duplicitous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

What I have learned is how hostile our self-styled 'friends' in the EU organisation are and how duplicitous. 

Couldn't agree more :yes: