Possible new car

Ian Mitchell

Hi all, might be purchasing a Westfield from a friend, both him and I aren’t at all knowledgeable on Westfields.

from what his said though, it’s a 1988 F plate but first registered in 2006 ??

its the wide body with a 2.0 Sierra engine, twin carb upgrade ?

its done less than 16,000 mile, passed the last 4 mot’s and I think only done 2,000 mile in the last 5 years.

its dark blue with cream leather interior ( I think it’s leather ) has oz wheels, the pictures suggest it’s stunning but he said it might need some tlc to make it perfect.

i believe he paid £6k 5 years ago. We don’t really know if it’s gone up or down in value, it’s curently mot’d and taxed until the end of July.

has anyone got any idea how much this is worth, if it’s fast, and a good one to drive ?

any knowledge will be helpful.

thanks in advance

ian 

Edited by Ian Mitchell

4 hours ago, Ian Mitchell said:

a 1988 F plate but first registered in 2006 ??

Perfectly normal - will have been built using a donor vehicle from ‘88 (probably a Sierra) and then built and registered on an age related plate in 06. Nothing to worry about as long as V5 says Westfield and not Ford!

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Perfectly normal - will have been built using a donor vehicle from ‘88 (probably a Sierra) and then built and registered on an age related plate in 06. Nothing to worry about as long as V5 says Westfield and not Ford!

Ok cheers, any idea what it’s worth ?

7 hours ago, Ian Mitchell said:

Ok cheers, any idea what it’s worth ?

Not without physically seeing it! 

Our cars are are valued more on build quality components and condition - not age or model. 

• Like 1

Will likely be a 2.0 Ford pinto engine, and I'd suspect its running on twin Weber carbs which I find offer a great driving experience, but do take some "getting used to" as a new driver coming from a tin top daily. The carbs are very primitive in terms of how they work, and for example don't like foot to the floor style accelerating at bottom end. 

As above - would be great to see some pictures, but between 5.5 and 7k seems about right for the basic spec above. 

Good luck! 

Brads