how much?

Dean Goodall

very unbusy at work today, so thought i would add up the £'s for all the bits I ordered from Amazon during the course of my recently completed build.....

..... think I'm gonna puke

• Haha 2

Don't do it!  keep threatening to do the same, but then find something better to do ;)

You'd do better working out a budget for next project (then double it!)

Mine ALWAYS total £4.99 , exactly the same as hid when she tots up her annual shoe purchase :t-up:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did mine and was where I expected it to be. And to be honest , that was more luck than judgement . Still if I now added all the carbon and new tyres and other trinkets, the budget would have been well and truly screwed. So my theory is , the cost of the build is to the point of IVA. Anything after doesn't count :d

1 minute ago, Thrustyjust said:

So my theory is , the cost of the build is to the point of IVA. Anything after doesn't count :d

Up to but not including iva. 

That's a conversation I've had with myself just this week. ;)

10 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Up to but not including iva. 

That's a conversation I've had with myself just this week. ;)

But it doesnt ease the pain Steve :d

LOL LOL LOL...... I feel all of the pain and more.....

We're buying a house with the intention of letting it, a bit of an attempt to salvage some sort of pension should I live to old age.....

Sooooo we have to 'stop spending money' says the sage, and she's not wrong..... the legals and stamp duty alone are eye watering.

So on to this week's text exchange. 

I was at work in Cumbria, the sage was at home, I sent her a reminder that I'm doing a "Brass Hat & Decompression Chamber" dive this weekend in York. Now in fairness I did book and pay for it BEFORE we chose to above mentioned plan..... I said in my text; 

Me: "do you want to come to York for the day?"

The Sage "no.... not really" 

Me "there's shops 'n' stuff there, you could go for a mooch about"

The Sage at this point was looking for a reason to match my spend & swerve the spending embargo, she asks;

Sage: "how much was the dive?"

Me: "£50, includes a hot lunch and drinks"

Sage: (having done the mental maths that adds up to 'that won't buy me a hand bag or a pair of shoes') "You F**##@" "how can you tease me like that you F%%$**" "You know I like York, you're a F@*^&& P%£@ for telling me it's in York"....... As you can tell, I can't type the reply in full , I'll get a lifetime ban from the forum.....

So I got home on Thursday Night for 4 days off..... it's like living with a cat on speed, she's restless, irritable and irrational, I swear I've seen people with addictions suffering less.

I reckon I'll need to empty the piggy banks out and send her shopping, just for my own safety.

Nem........

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Up here everything for the Westy is £30 - but the wife was shocked when at Xmas I pointed her to a couple of pressie ideas that genuinely cost £30 - “see, told you” I said :d

• Haha 1

You'll all remember the financial crisis was started by the collapse of Baring Bros becuase of all the leverage on bad mortgage debt? I seem to recall 47 dollars of "insurance" for every 1 dollar of debt. Well, I'm Baring Bros and my soul is the bad mortgage.

I figured I can only go to hell once, right? :oops: