Newbie owner alert

Storvite

Firstly what a fantastic forum this is, I’m glad to be a part of it now! 

Seems very friendly and a wealth on knowledge that’s formidable!

im picking up my sport 250 from toy box on Saturday, it was a car built by Steve on this forum. I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited about a new purchase!

im sure there will be many questions coming up in the near future 

thanks in advance

stuart

• Like 2

Welcome Stuart

If you’ve read the build thread then no doubt you know it’s a good un!

Whereabouts are you based?

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Good to have another 250 owner on board.

Enjoy your new toy, my advice would be to take it steady initially, particularly if the roads are damp!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdgeC said:

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Good to have another 250 owner on board.

Enjoy your new toy, my advice would be to take it steady initially, particularly if the roads are damp!

Thank you, I’m looking forward to it, I also own a 911 turbo stage 2 but in a strange way find it a bit boring as you can get away with murder in it, I really wanted a drivers car to remind me of my kart racing days!

• Like 5

Welcome Stuart to the family, and glad to see Steve's 250 back on the forum.

You might have picked this already but we love photo's here so looking forward to see what if anything has changed as I relied heavily on Steve's 250 build to build my own 250.

As AdgeC says take it very easy to start with as the EcoBoost has fantastic grunt from very low rev's and it just pulls like a bullet if you stand on it.

I'm sure you will enjoy the ride home, just watch out for the ache you will have from grinning so much on the way home.

Best advice I can give from my own experience is to find you local WF group and go along and introduce yourself, you will likely find a wide bunch of people, all with love for the WF and a great community to spend time with.

Steve :westy:

Welcome, as the others have said, fantastic to see the car back again, it’ll be very different to your Porsche, and an absolute hoot to drive!

Thanks all, will be attending Essex wscc meet on Sunday if weather is ok

• Like 1

:ww:  @Storvite, from Essex as well.

A Sport 250 we haven't had in our group!

We Essex boys and girls meet on the second Sunday of the month (so tomorrow) at The Lodge near South Woodham Ferrers. Be great to see you there.

11 minutes ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO said:

:ww:  @Storvite, from Essex as well.

A Sport 250 we haven't had in our group!

We Essex boys and girls meet on the second Sunday of the month (so tomorrow) at The Lodge near South Woodham Ferrers. Be great to see you there.

Thank you, I’m planning on attending as long as it’s dry with my brother in law who is a member already!

• Like 1

On 08/03/2019 at 09:51, Storvite said:

Thanks all, will be attending Essex wscc meet on Sunday if weather is ok

:ww: From Kent,if the weather is not good turn up in the tin top it's always good to meet new members. I'll be popping over there.

May be the case, I have suspension issues with the 250 at the moment which I’m trying to sort, got rubbing rear tyre