Help. What is this light for??

Skypeller

The Westfield build manual doesn’t specify this light.... it appears to be an add on anybody have any clues ? I’m talking about the one on the far left (closest to passenger) 

it is on when engine is running but not always I don’t think.... it’s not very bright I think it’s off even when ignition is on position 2 

car is 2006 kit (07 reg) webcon sigma 1600i 

C4FBE277-1825-4D8C-8945-64E9009356DF.jpeg

7018C71A-00C4-43CE-861D-86C3ADC0F165.jpeg

Could be lots of things. Remember the build manual is a guide. We all build them and then modify them so anything goes!

It’s not the brake fluid or handbrake .... could be alternator. 

The one that the manual says is “ignition warning light” is coming in when I deliberately trick the brake fluid level sensor into thinking there’s no fluid 

thats the one behind the steering wheel quite big red light, like you say people wire them home they want I suppose

so would “ ignition warning “ actually be on for? 

Ignition warning (alternator) means no or low volts from alternator.

is it a new build? I can’t comment for Westys but this circuit normally has a diode in and resistor to pull a current from the alternator, maybe wired in wrong?

Could be! No but just asked the previous owner and they said they never bothered to see what it was for but noticed it was always a mild glow, I think it’s alternator light like you say.... on plus side my handbrake light is identified and wasn’t working..... now it is :) thanks wd40 

image.jpg

• Like 3

So it looks like the end one in question is the ignition light, so then what is the one above the gearknob? Anybody tell from the two wires coloured yellow&green and solid green? 

914D8664-A642-4D80-92A7-FA353951E32F.jpeg

Oil pressure warning? If so there will be a switch likely on the block you could buzz too (although this should be on with ignition but engine not running if it’s working)

• Like 1

No my sender is working fine and the gauge for oil pressure but I’m not aware of a switch, i’ll See, light does not come on with ignition 

The warning light will be a switch not a sensor (normally closed at low pressure, is held open with oil pressure), what engine is it?

Makes sense the switch being NC at low pressure light being on with ignition prior to start but just not getting anything unless bulb is gone i’ll Check for voltage to the bulb tomorrow 

It’s odd as there is no red light other than now the handbrake light (and the “little black box” which is mounted atop the dash for warnings) unless.... that is acting on behalf of those two lights 

13866245-B02D-4B4C-8F42-5E5D689994D9.jpeg

It's an ECO lamp, tells you when you're not driving economically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1