Spare wheel assemble removed?

POC

Last night I was looking at finishing the little bits and bobs to get the car complete once more.

I came to pick up the assembly that previously held the rear plate, this obviously needs to go back on the car (running with no rear plate has lost its novelty  ;)  )........Where did you mount yours?  Im planning on sticking it between the fog and reverse at the same height to cover the holes from where the spare bolted in... I dont want to mount it flush with the bottom of the tub as it will detract from the exhaust pipes (and probably get melted!;).

westienewzorst.jpg

Any other options?

Cheers

paul

This is mine...will hide your spare wheel mounting bolts too.

I am quite partial to the BEC way. i.e. plate mounted high and to the left of the rear....cant find a piccy of one though

rear.jpg

Where do you chaps with no spare and no bootbox store your can of tyreweld/that bike stuff/other? Or do you just pray you never run over a nail?

My spare is being removed when I get time and was just wondering. Not that I've currently got a jack or a wheel brace anyway.

hope and pray!

not sure what happens with tyre weld etc when you want to change the tyre/ get it rebalanced! dont you have to get it washed out.... Rather get the AA out to be honest...would be interesting to know how good and what the result of using that stuff is!

May I ask what you will be doing with the upper part of your spare wheel bracket?   I need one for my wee beastie, so if it's going cheap, I would be happy to give it a good home.

Neil    :)

Will the AA come out and help you if you don't have the means to change a wheel then?

I'm not sure if it is the AA or not, but one of the breakdown lot charge 60 quid if you don't have a spare (on top of the new tyre).

i left mine the way it was just undid the pinch bolts and slid it as tight to the body as it would go looks ok and i can refit the spare for long trips if i need too, :D

May I ask what you will be doing with the upper part of your spare wheel bracket?   I need one for my wee beastie, so if it's going cheap, I would be happy to give it a good home.

Neil    :)

Were you talking to me? I don't have an upper bracket  :0

It's a standard bodied car. It's got a hanger thingy and a bit to hold it on

:love:......you could always buy a stainless steel luggage rack, as sported by those lovely Morgans of yesteryear. These look especially nice with battered, brown leather suitcase to which you could bungee on the number plate

In my manual there is a bar, threaded to take 2 long bolts that pass through the wheel to retain it on the carrier.   I'm after that, and the two bolts.   Anyone got one kicking round in the back of their garage?

:)

;) see the little ally number I made for mine in the `alterations` page of my web site :D  :D

I think its the DB`s and nicely covers the old holes and yet offers a rigid base to screw on a wheel if you want to.

Number plate and light simply stuck on wheel :cool: