Sign in to follow this  
John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary

Propposed MSA Rule Change for 2019

Any comments on proposed regulations should be addressed either through the specific consultation mailboxes detailed in the respective Action Sheets or through your Regional Association. which for us is http://www.anwcc.co.uk/

(S)11.2. Cars must compete in an event in a road legal condition with a valid MOT.

cheers

John

Sorry for my ignorance but will this really affect anyone because to run in road going against section S11 we have to have tax and therefore MOT. If you are in mod prod against S12 you don't and can have a msa log book/passport. Or have I got that completely wrong

original 

(S)11.2. Cars must compete in an event in a road legal condition 

proposed

(S)11.2. Cars must compete in an event in a road legal condition with a valid MOT.

just re-read the sections in the blue book 2018 and MSA don't mention tax or insurance.... I think the MSA are trying to define what a road going car is.

When I was competing 3 or 4 years ago, I always got asked to produce evidence of a current MOT certificate. That was in class D.

Before that, I had a current tax disc displayed, so it looks like it is just clarifying the rule which really applied before?

I find this strange. 

You're not road legal without an MOT!

Unless the car is under 3 years old, but this rule still requires it to have an MOT.

I don't think that Road legal is a legal term, so shouldn't be used.  And who's making this up