Nasty "accident", general advice anyone?

Lyonspride

8 hours ago, pistonbroke said:

The statement " I didnt see him " might suggest to a court you were driving "without due care and attention " by not observing other road users . :t-up:

I see your point, but I'm trying to keep the details low, "seeing him only by peripheral awareness and not expecting him to do anything untoward" is somewhat more accurate. This is why "undertaking" is so dangerous, it's something that's not expected, especially when there's no space for it.

You take note of something to your left, but you concentrate on the road ahead. It's like walking through a coffee shop concentrating on not spilling your drink, but being peripherally aware of someone's handbag strap lying across the floor, taking a mental note of where it is and the fact you should avoid it.

I fully understand that some people deliberately lane hog or drive badly in the hope and expectation that someone will "undertake" or do something stupid, so that they can then pretend to get all offended and claim the moral high ground. But I don't drive around trying to irritate people, I drive to the speed limits and I don't really expect such silly behaviour, not at 60 or 70mph and certainly not without any provocation.

Regardless of what happened, I’d avoid posting about it on the internet tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1