Yellow Westy seen in the Reading area

Brucester70

I saw a fellow westy driver on the Swallowfield bypass between Reading and Basingstoke this morning at 11:30am, just wondered who it was?

It was a yellow car with aeroscreen and V8 bonnet, any ideas?

Not me either. I was out yesterday (sorry Si ;) ), but nowhere near Reading (I was in the Swindon area).

Andy

Are you sure it was yellow?

I was driving around the area yesterday morning.

Actually while on the subject, had an interesting rendezvous with a Scoobydoo STI WRX,  from the round about at spencer's wood joining the Swallowfield bypass (dual lane).  So head to head with the Scooby on a clear dual carriage way!

Well good news is that I completely lost him up to about 95mph (oooooh 70mph officer honest!!!;) when suddenly there was an allmighty roar and this Scooby comes  dashing past at about 110.   :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

What colour is a WRX??? Blue with a huge shopping trolley type spoiler on the back.

Didn't really pay attention to to the reg number.   Although I can tell you it was the old shape Scooby not the new ugly one.

My westie is a 2.0 Ferriday - it's just got loads of torque, which means fairly reasonable acceleration.  I think my car is one of a kind, I don't know of anyone else with a 2.0 Ferriday engine in a Westie?   Correct me if I'm wrong.

Whilst on the subject actually yesterday there seemed to be loads of Scooby's around. There was a green one that almost kept up with me going down from Sindlesham past the Nirvana sports club :devil:  but then having said that I was taking it easy as it's a bumpy road. Honest   :p  :p  

Cheers,

Nev

WRX's come in other colours other than blue ;-)  Just a couple of my friends have Scoobs in that area, some are quicker than others mind so be careful who you pick on.

I have a VX powered Westy and had some blats against my mate in his mildly tuned scoob.  I was a little quicker to 70mph, then I we were very similar up to 120mph, which I was impressed with as I have the aerodynamics of a brick (not personally, the car I meant ;-) )  

P.S this was not on public roads, honest.

Haven't found a scoob yet that can keep with me to 100 or so, but they always try that bit harder and when you back off at 110 thinking - this is all over now i'll slow down, Baarrrrpppp, they scream past at 120....

I have a VX powered Westy and had some blats against my mate in his mildly tuned scoob.  I was a little quicker to 70mph, then I we were very similar up to 120mph, which I was impressed with as I have the aerodynamics of a brick (not personally, the car I meant ;-) )  

I found changing my gearbox to a nice Close ratio one soon dealt with those pesky scoobys upto the windscreen taking affect...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong  :D  :D  ;)  there am others  :D  :D  :)  ;)  (not me, mines just an ickle 1600)  :D  :)