New member building fw special edition in halesowen

Rich1980

Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself

Picked up my fw kit in February.  Enjoying the build but taking alot longer than expected as am experience that the manual is vague at the best of times .

Got to the stage of putting the diff in but yet again manual is useless and one of the Allen key headed bolts refuses to fit into one of the 4 locations on the top .

Was a complete novice on fitting brake pipes etc. So hopefully now I'm onto suspension might progress a little quicker

• Like 3

:ww:Rich, you should defo start a build thread, the guys on here a great & have a wealth of knowledge to help you along with your build. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the club from sedgley. A few new builders from the west midlands area which is nice. get yourself a build thread on the go for any questions you may have. keeps them all in one place easy for you to look back at then aswell

• Like 1

:ww: Welcome from sunny Somerset. A build thread with photos is definitely invaluable when building your car. Great means of tapping into the wealth of experience of members. Highly recommend going along to your area meet as well, I've found they're a friendly, helpful bunch.

Make sure you enjoy the build as well!

:ww: from sunny Scotland , as above start a build thread with plenty of pictures and don’t be afraid to ask questions 

good luck with the build 

:ww: from Yorkshire, can't recommend a build thread enough, photos by the score help massively.

I'd also recommend getting along to your local group, was the best thing i ever did on my journy

If you do fancy a chat and a look over other peoples cars come along to the black Country meet on Sunday at the Dudley Arms in Himley 

:ww: from Worcestershire, as Ben said try & get along to the meets if you can there should be a few cars this time of year. Unfortunately  I won’t be there this mouths, but hope to see you at the next.