Cultural Trip to France in a Westfield

Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

an Epic road trip! Thanks for sharing.:yes:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, aeg said:

I make a habit of checking our accommodation entrance/ parking by google maps as have fell foul of the dreaded cambers!

Yes had checked our accommodation out on google maps, and the parking was the prime  reason we picked it. However Mr Google hadn't sent his car down the track that goes past the property, so we were taken by suprise!

Adge,

Excellent write up, I’m now looking for windscreen wipers like yours but in black. Nice ‘kiss’ on the gearbox rail - after nearly 20k miles mine’s now about 1/3rd of the way through and slightly bend back.

See you next week on the way to Shelsey,

Jon

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jonjh1964 said:

Adge,

Excellent write up, I’m now looking for windscreen wipers like yours but in black. Nice ‘kiss’ on the gearbox rail - after nearly 20k miles mine’s now about 1/3rd of the way through and slightly bend back.

See you next week on the way to Shelsey,

Jon

This is where I got mine from, out of stock, and stainless. Not very helpful, sorry! They do work well though.

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/10-ridged-bayonet-fit-stainless-steel.html

Looking forward to Shelsey, have to tie up about where and when.

Adge

• Like 1

Same place I got mine from but their supplier were discontinuing the black ones. I ended up painting a set of the stainless ones.

Looks a very nice trip adge.

• Like 1

Looks like a great trip! I’d like to visit Versailles at some point. French villages really do like their speed bumps, so I’m glad the new sump has worked well. 

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Hi there, thanks for sharing your post, very interesting.  Please can i ask how / where you secured your straps to the car.  Your set-up looks perfect, and a lot more economical than a boot rack.  Pictures would be a great help.

Best Regards,

Mark.

5 hours ago, no_9_uk said:

Please can i ask how / where you secured your straps to the car.

With the half hood on the rear straps extend enough to go over the bag and onto the “poppers” under the lip of the rear tub. Sorry no idea why the photo is upside down!

IMG_2887.thumb.jpeg.3ca3b49780e9b43cc37e8603ee611057.jpeg

Without the hood, I have spare set of straps which clip on the shoulder seatbelt eyebolt and onto the same poppers at the back.

IMG_2891.thumb.jpeg.c6069c185493a775da73e3218ce3a0a3.jpeg

In both instances the bag shoulder strap loops over the rollbar. A friend recommended to usesome soft foam mesh on the body under the bag to prevent it scratching the gel coat, works a treat.

Every time I see a white Westie I'm always pleasantly surprised how great they look in that colour. Some cars can just carry that look off. I was surprised exactly the same way the 1st time I saw a white Jaguar XK, looked really nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Every time I see a white Westie I'm always pleasantly surprised how great they look in that colour. Some cars can just carry that look off. I was surprised exactly the same way the 1st time I saw a white Jaguar XK, looked really nice. 

+1

• Like 1

Nice read, wish I could get the wife to enjoy being in the car more! Maybe I should take her out with the side doors on or even the roof to acclimatise her into a trip away

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Benrobson2999 - Kent AO said:

Nice read, wish I could get the wife to enjoy being in the car more! Maybe I should take her out with the side doors on or even the roof to acclimatise her into a trip away

I can't imagine it's the most fun thing to do in the world, sit in the passenger seat of a windblown Westie for hours or days on end