Roads n Routes!

Dean Goodall

Road n Routes  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a former motorcyclist I was always looking out for great roads to ride.  Sharing these routes with other like minded riders and hearing about 'little gems' that have been discovered by other riders enhanced the motorcycling experience.  I am wondering if this kind of sharing of members 'Roads n Routes' can be introduced to the WSCC in the form of a dedicated area on the website. Where information can be shared, not just the start and finish of a route, but also good points to stop at cafés, pubs, fuel stations, scenic views, places to visit etc. Maybe upload screenshots of a Google maps showing the road.  I know the Blogs section could be used for sharing this, but the content seems fairly mixed.  Personally, I intend to go on mini tours in the Westy round the UK with the Mrs so would love to hear about other members favourite roads from around the UK.

What do other members think?,  please be honest if I am way off a good idea!

I once suggested something similar a number of years ago at the first AO’s joint meeting down at Stoneleigh. Including sharing things like TYRE rout plans.

I practically got lynched!

Let me put that, hastily, in context! Without fail, everyone that was vociferously against it, said the same thing; if you’re coming to an area we know we’ll, and want ideas, or actual routes, just drop us a PM, we love to share the gems that we’ve found with you.

But what they didn’t want, was them all published on the internet, worrying that many would just end up being spoiled. And to be fair, in the case of places like the Evo Triangle, they’ve sort of been proved right.

I don’t know if there’s any more taste for it these days, we could always make it visible to members only, although even that wasn’t considered sufficient back then!

We do have a section for recommending particular trips and places to visit though, which is a slightly different thing.

Be interesting to see what the current thoughts are on this...

We do already have a sub section kinda like the one your suggesting underneath the track days section. Places to visit and road trips

• Like 1

I think it would be a good idea if in the members area for the reasons highlighted by Dave above - perhaps with sub-sections: Out with the BoysMembers, Driving SWMBO, Mountain Passes, European Tour Routes and Tracks

• Like 3