Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

Yes, I know and I use arm-restraints (like on my video above, picture was taken on slow training drive sesion) . Just wonder if some kind of net - "window" and "roof" net would be better ? but how to attach it keeping easy in and aout of the car. 

8 hours ago, itsagoodalife said:

this came from AJM Design he has a page on Facebook , I should be on Commission ! 

Is the part carbon fibre, do they make other westie bits

New to the club and Westfield, haven't been out in it yet as only just taken delivery so waiting till Sept 1st to Tax, that said it won't start so might still not get out in it 🤦

20230820_185804.jpg

• Like 6

Boys and their Toys night out, cracking night for a spin out. I didn’t realise my mate owned a former members Mazda SDV 1.6t car….

IMG_3330.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DanH said:

New to the club and Westfield, haven't been out in it yet as only just taken delivery so waiting till Sept 1st to Tax, that said it won't start so might still not get out in it 🤦

20230820_185804.jpg

Great looking car. Whats the problem with it? Can you go back to the seller if you've just taken delivery

7 hours ago, scott_prelit now westfield_bumble said:

Great looking car. Whats the problem with it? Can you go back to the seller if you've just taken delivery

I'm suspecting water ingress in the electrics but currently going through the obvious as it turns over so spark plugs and HT leads first as the wells were full of water and rust. The seller is at a loss as it was driven off the trailer when it arrived.

Found an excuse to get out for an hour ☀️ 😎 

35CE3956-8044-4635-B055-24D6079CC224.jpeg

889366AC-D1CB-4DD4-832C-F9BA14CD56DB.jpeg

796F969D-7E65-470E-B382-924A79F254F5.jpeg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Naranja_Al said:

Boys and their Toys night out, cracking night for a spin out. I didn’t realise my mate owned a former members Mazda SDV 1.6t car….

IMG_3330.jpeg

Didn't realise Ben Draper's old car was local as well!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alex Gaskin said:

Didn't realise Ben Draper's old car was local as well!

Haha! Small world right. Yeah it belongs to my mate who isn’t currently an active WSCC me never. It’s a great car 👍

• Like 3

IMG_2116.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just done one of those, been meaning to do it for ages jobs... swapped out the fuel filter element (have had the car 18 months). Am thinking the old element may have been the original from when the car was built..... no prizes for guessing which is the old one...

Also changed the rubber seals and spring as they're likely 25 years old too!!

20230824_121246.jpg

On 23/08/2023 at 07:29, DanH said:

I'm suspecting water ingress in the electrics but currently going through the obvious as it turns over so spark plugs and HT leads first as the wells were full of water and rust. The seller is at a loss as it was driven off the trailer when it arrived.

Sounds like a core plug in the head may have failed. This could cause the plug wells to fill with water. Not a hard thing to repair, but it does involve removing the black cam cover if I remember correctly. 

11 minutes ago, GaryD1971 said:

Sounds like a core plug in the head may have failed. This could cause the plug wells to fill with water. Not a hard thing to repair, but it does involve removing the black cam cover if I remember correctly. 

Would I see water in the oil if that has happened?

1 minute ago, DanH said:

I'll move this conversation over to Tech Talk as its drifted away from a photo of my Westy 🫣

• Like 1

Just now, DanH said:

Unlikely. Water in the oil would more than likely be head gasket failure. A core plug would just leak water/coolant into the area around the failure, ie the plug wells in your case. That coolant shouldn't find it's way into the sump unless there is an issue elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1