Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

1 hour ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

I've found Sevens with windscreens have terrible buffeting. Unless you fit doors, or deflectors of course. My aeroscreen-only car has no buffeting at all. Obviously in rain it's hopeless but then I only take it out in the dry so all's good. 

Out of curiosity : In UK it is required to drive in helmet when car has no windscreen?   

18 minutes ago, Andrzej said:

Out of curiosity : In UK it is required to drive in helmet when car has no windscreen?   

not at all, though I would if on a long motorway drive. I normally wear sunglasses with impact resist lenses.

As driven on Saturday-

image.png.dcdfd63ef90ec8c3c0f78beb82fa8ff1.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Andrzej said:

In UK it is required to drive in helmet when car has no windscreen?   

No, in fact there is occasional debate in kit car circles whether driving a car with a full helmet on is technically legal at all on the public road.

The reality is, in an open top car with no screen at least, I don't think anyone has ever been stopped for wearing a helmet, provided it didn't obstruct their vision.

(never actually found a regulation prohibiting it personally, in the UK, anyway. But, if it in anyway hindered vision or "got in the way" of driving, it could possibly contribute to a careless or dangerous driving charge if you were really, really unlucky)

• Like 4

Thanks! I wonder for future ,to bring my current track Westfield to road. Here in Poland car with no roof for some is questionable, so dont know what will be without windscreen ;)  Some buggy/quads drive without windscreens on roads occasionaly , registred, drivers always in helmets (as bikes) .

Was curious if there are some regulations in this area in UK with longest I think tradition with kitcars.

3 hours ago, Andrzej said:

No. No legal requirement 

I generally do wear a helmet, then if I muck up no one can see it's me and my red embarrassed face 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two Westies in Bridport for the Dorset meet this evening, mine now safely tucked up in its bubble.

IMG_6407.jpeg

IMG_6412.jpeg.3d41108685b9fd042e7edee2d2adecbf.jpeg

• Like 7

First outing & commute of the year 😁

IMG_7292.jpeg.5851c1d9e61ab241890b7d91dd5d4a87.jpeg

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO- Devon & Somerset said:

Two Westies in Bridport for the Dorset meet this evening, mine now safely tucked up in its bubble.

IMG_6407.jpeg

IMG_6412.jpeg.3d41108685b9fd042e7edee2d2adecbf.jpeg

May get myself one of those bubbles before next winter. Gotta be a better way to look after the car during the cold, damp months?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt_S said:

Is Your windscreen made of lexan ? 

9 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

May get myself one of those bubbles before next winter. Gotta be a better way to look after the car during the cold, damp months?

They are very good Steve, mine would not be in nearly as good condition, nor would it start reliably if it were just in the damp garage. Despite it being on carbs, and a wet, cold-ish winter, it normally starts first or second attempt no problem.

• Like 1

Started up for the first time in four months after all the winter tinkering. I had the dash off, heater radiator replaced/ upgraded, wiper motor overhauled, additional gauge installed (Oil temp) and a few other jobs, cosmetic bits done as well. That’s the first time taking on such jobs but I thoroughly enjoyed it, almost as much as driving. Lots of photos taken and drawings made incase it all went wrong. Washed and polished yesterday, just got the oil change to do. It’s still a bit cold in the northern climes but will get out for a blast very soon. Also aiming for some track time at Knockhill this year.

IMG_3391.jpeg

IMG_3389.jpeg

• Like 6

IMG_7641.jpeg

IMG_0988.jpeg

• Like 7

On 08/03/2024 at 07:40, Matt_S said:

Well that's the 1st screen I've seen like that! Did you make it yourself? I have a full cage too, how have you attached it? Is it easily taken off if you fancy driving without it?