Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

12 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

Toyota are also receiving a lot of flak lately for the engine that is prone to oil starvation in cornering, especially on track days, resulting in engine seizures.  This has been exacerbated by them not only offering track days to owners but also then denying engine warranty claims by interrogating the car’s ECU and GPS to determine if the car was on a track at the time of failure and claiming warranty terms prohibit using the car on a track!  YouTube is full of vids about it.

Yeah, lots about this, but it's a lot of fuss about nothing really. No cases in the UK that I'm aware of. It's an inherent flaw in the boxer engine, as the heads are sideways in a long sweeper at high revs the oil doesn't drain back to the sump as fast. The general consensus is to overfill it by a litre, which I noticed mine was from the factory. The cases on YouTube are all American, most on hot days running the standard 0w-20 oil, and most had uprated tyres and were creating more Gs in the corners.

The warranty also doesn't specifically say you can't use it on track, but does say you can't use it in competition, our terms are possibly different.

I'm keeping an eye open for a larger capacity oil pan, as that's probably the neatest peace of mind, less intrusive than a dry sump setup, or accusump. Porsche circumnavigated the issue by fitting some sort of dry sump style system to most of the boxer engines. 

• Like 3

The car is in her new temporary home! Somewhere purpose built for her, where we can actually work on her! Got a week in September cleared to go up and sort her out with an MOT!

Westfield August.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Holly White said:

The car is in her new temporary home! Somewhere purpose built for her, where we can actually work on her! Got a week in September cleared to go up and sort her out with an MOT!

Westfield August.jpg

hi Holly, met you & ur partner at Malvern, great to see you’re getting closer to your goal. Good luck & hope to see you at Malvern in your car next year or sooner. 👍

• Like 2

Had a little blat this evening in lieu of the meeting which I thought was tonight but is actually next week 🤪. This was by the entrance to Cricket St Thomas.

IMG_1763.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset said:

Had a little blat this evening in lieu of the meeting which I thought was tonight but is actually next week 🤪. This was by the entrance to Cricket St Thomas.

IMG_1763.jpeg

Looks a lovely night down there. Horizontal rain up here 🤬

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Wasn’t too bad, no rain at least and quite warm still. Good to get out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

The west coast in particular was bady hit I hear @Craigieboy?

• Sad 1

20240822_190914.thumb.jpg.4f2db4147dd7af1b5757a4b558a4f76a.jpg20240822_183340.thumb.jpg.a52e2788c8e5352be1caeb0924651cc5.jpg

• Like 4

I don't see many Westies with the slatted front grill. Anybody know the history behind that and the mesh grill? 

Slatted is the ducted nose

• Thanks 1

There is no more Westfields in the area so I organized "meeting" of my Westfields ;)

ZdjcieWhatsApp2024-08-24o20_39_39_15322c27.thumb.jpg.94f3696f109c8cc761273c957eab96e4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Andrzej said:

There is no more Westfields in the area so I organized "meeting" of my Westfields ;)

ZdjcieWhatsApp2024-08-24o20_39_39_15322c27.thumb.jpg.94f3696f109c8cc761273c957eab96e4.jpg

Looks so different with the open wheels 👍

1 hour ago, Andrzej said:

I love seeing the differences in setup here. The ride height, the open wheels, the splitter. Really cool. 

• Like 1

Yes , Westfield car can have many "faces" :) its so cool that one can make different cars from the same base. I love both , for cars its 

socialy acceptable, why not this include Women???  ;)

14 hours ago, Andrzej said:

Did you get some Kumho HS52s, @Andrzej? I can't see this on the sidewall in the picture above.

I remender you commenting on their review outcome vs the typically recommended Uniroyal Rainsport 5s (better in every area other than actual aquaplaning resistance, I think).