Cooking tonight.

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

Hi, Bill,

Having returned home from work and shown my dear wife your photo, she swiftly declared it to be "an inappropriate use for an oven".

I then read her my post and all she said was "Idiot!"

Says it all, really! :)

Simon

• Haha 2

Me and my dad tried putting a new starter ring on my MG Midget flywheel, had the ring in the oven for about an hour, it was practically glowing but we couldn't get it on. Turned out we had a 1500 ring trying to put it on a 1275 flywheel. My mum never complaned. 

I was asked to leave the family home for having engines on the chest freezer in the garage , so we couldnt eat and for destroying my bedroom carpet for decoking and porting cylinder heads . Parents that werent mechanically minded had no idea how much work goes into porting heads and building an A series engine without a bench..............:d

On the subject of oven misuse I decided ours needed a good dose of cleaning after years of neglect , so I set to, CIF oven cleaner , pan scrubber ,rubber gloves , the works , no expenses spared . 2 hours of scrubbing sifting and grading I started reassembly of the various burners, trays , etc .

When it came to the grill pan shelf no way could I get it to fit . After ages trying I gave up and went to find the expert who was busy watching her favourite soap .

" Help me please " says I

Not just now,  i'm busy says she , 

Well can you just explain to me how to get it in , its been ages and I completely forgot how to do it .

After a puzzled look came the reply .

Ermmm !             Dont you think  were a little old for that sort of thing now dear :t-up:

9 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

I was asked to leave the family home for having engines on the chest freezer in the garage , so we couldnt eat and for destroying my bedroom carpet for decoking and porting cylinder heads . Parents that werent mechanically minded had no idea how much work goes into porting heads and building an A series engine without a bench..............:d

managed to ruin a few of those in my A35 and Mini days trying to go faster on the cheap :) 

6 minutes ago, pistonbroke said:

managed to ruin a few of those in my A35 and Mini days trying to go faster on the cheap :) 

You had to take it easy on the pushrod tunnels, you didnt break through them :d