Westfield MegaPorsche

mblade

The Aston Martin DB7 is just a glorified kit car!! two bl**** mondeo v6's welded together some switch gear from the ford parts bin along with wing mirrors off ****** citroen!! sounds like £130,000 well spent, if it was a ferrari 360 spider it would be a completely different matter!! or a porsche '73 2.7 carrera rs lightweight... mmmm

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike H

• ricdiggle

• mikehreynolds

• mblade

The Aston Martin DB7 is just a glorified kit car!! two bl**** mondeo v6's welded together some switch gear from the ford parts bin along with wing mirrors off ****** citroen!! sounds like £130,000 well spent, if it was a ferrari 360 spider it would be a completely different matter!!

Yes, they would be from a Fiat  ;)  :p  :devil:

Mike

Mike H

Are you p******** mate.

Go and blag a drive in a new 911 turbo this weekend and then come on here and say how ****e it is. They are unbeleivably good. And... at 6,000 RPM they sound better than Kylie when she's cumming!

Ignorance must indeed be bliss!

And... at 6,000 RPM they sound better than Kylie when she's cumming!

mmmmmmmmmmm so she told you how good i was then.  :D  :D  :p  :devil:  :t-up:

But VW's are cheap audis!! so in theory u mean audi switch gear!!! 996 turbos are amazin, a certain england player i know has one and its wicked! however after working on porsches for over a year i have deduced that the ulimate road legal porsche is a 993 rs clubsport, they are awesome!

Mike

They might perform superbly but I would rather have something else for the money.

Which is a bit different.

Out and out performance, German build quality etc isn't everything IMO which is why I mentioned the 2 cars I did. RS6 because it's the dogs and ultimately reliable and driveable, but the DB7 because it has British heritage stamped all over it (there aren't any Ford logos on it yet), looks superb and is ever so slightly more exclusive than a Porsche.

Knowing about the origins of the 911 mark in design terms, I can't stop relating them to Beetles, simple as that. I guess that's something I'll just have to live with. Go back through time and look at the 356 or 914 for example - they really are Beetles.

I notice no-one has said anything about my choice of an RS6  :love:  ! Maybe on closer in spection I could find a VW Lupo flasher relay unit in there somewhere - if so better take it off my list  :arse: .

Mike :p:zzz:  ;)

Mike H also said: That's easy:

Audi RS6 Avant (with baby seat)

or

Aston Martin DB7 (without baby seat)

SIMILAR PRICE. You can't have the Aston as it's far more expensive than a C2 for example.

The RS6 is a lovely car at about £3000 difference is a good rival, it's whatever floats your boat at the end of the day.

I don't believe that, anyway how do you know?

Had her mate! She was OK. We had a good laugh at Wroxon!

Out and out performance, German build quality etc isn't everything IMO which is why I mentioned the 2 cars I did. RS6 because it's the dogs and ultimately reliable and driveable, but the DB7 because it has British heritage stamped all over it (there aren't any Ford logos on it yet), looks superb and is ever so slightly more exclusive than a Porsche.

I think the pedals for the DB7 are in the passenger seat. I remember driving one once and couldn't quite believe how far off they were. I had real trouble getting my feet onto the correct pedal! Seriously. I guess that's what British design does for you!

The RS6 is german too mate. I doubt it's any more reliable than a 911.

Knowing about the origins of the 911 mark in design terms, I can't stop relating them to Beetles, simple as that. I guess that's something I'll just have to live with. Go back through time and look at the 356 or 914 for example - they really are Beetles.

They are a little different now to say the least.

Don't know how to quote properly so this'll look terrible (Like a DB7) :t-up:

A certain england player i know has one and its wicked!

Are you speaking of Gareth Southgate??

If so, I've driven his Turbo at insane speeds - he bought it of my dad. I was very careful though.

Without doubt, for me, the greatest car in the world.

Richard.

Don't know how to quote properly so this'll look terrible (Like a DB7) :t-up:
aah, very clever.  ;)  

You've all got no taste (except Graham J)

Mike

:zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

Wont even try the quote thing this time!

My big sister has an S4 which is a lovely car. Not quite an RS6 I grant you but lovely all the same.

If it was my £80,000 to spend, I'd have to get an F Reg Nova and spend the rest at Ripspeed in my local Halfords. Maybe paint it pink and have 22 inch rims. A double engine / 4WD conversion and maybe implant the interior from a Renault 5 and re-upholster it all in white leather. The stereo would have to have at least 10 kilowatts of power and be driven by 6 sets of component speakers in each door and ten 15 inch subs in the rear (Just to fill out the sound)

Now I'm sure we can all agree that that would be the poodle's plums. :D  :p  :cool:

Im lucky enough to own a 911 (996) and a westy.

Believe me, though the westy is great fun and very quick,

the 996 is truly awesome.

Ive taken both cars to countless trackdays and the 996 is always one of the quickest cars there wet or dry( check the latest EVO magazine feature on quickest cars round the West circuit at Bedford Autdrome ...only the radical was quicker than the 996 carrera), and is beautiful to drive home too.  As a total package nothing beats it. Its been utterly reliable and its been quite cheap to run too.

so dont slag porsches off!!!!!