Westfield MegaPorsche

mblade

I'm thinking about swapping my engine with that of a Porsche 911.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get the engine out of a 911 at 3am on the owners drive without waking the owner up.  ;)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike H

• ricdiggle

• mikehreynolds

• mblade

Should be a sinch. Don't they bolt only onto the gearbox?

Jack it up, 4 bolts and bang one flat 4 drops out! So put some cushions down first to absorb the thud.

If it won't fit your West then stuff it in a v-dub (you know the proper ones :cool: ) and pop a few wheelies. :D

Mike

Best way is to find somewhere that offers valet parking - get yourself a jacket and wait will someone gives you the keys, then take the car, then offer to sell them the bits you don't want as the insurance want payout if they have given you the keys!!!!

Good luck

:cool:

Shouldn't that be a flat 6?

I know I know nothing, but Porkers have 6 pot boxer engines in 'em I think.

There was me thinking they were just Beetles with bodykits.

They do sound like flat 4's tho'

Mike

... well said Blatters!

For my money a Porsche flat-6 on full song is one of the sweetest engine sounds you can buy from a showroom.

If you're a performance car fan - you can't justify knocking a 'P' car. For example, you have to experience the brakes to believe how awesome road car brakes can be.

The closer you look, the more you appreciate...  I just wish I could afford one - as well as the Westie of course.

No way, Porsche 911s are now in the same category as the new M3, too much 'max power'/Top Gear appeal for me.

Unless you're talking about the very new versions, you could stick a 911 fan on a 2l Type 4 VW slap it in a replica and you wouldn't know the difference - all you would hear is the fan sucking away.

They might perform superbly but I would rather have something else for the money.

Mike :devil:  :devil:  :p

Porsche engine is a flat 6 and the Boxsters is horizontally opposed.

It's the under-body protection which is a bu**er to take off and put somewhere, and plus you'll need it jacked up as it only comes out through the bottom. Then the anti-roll bar and bracings will need to come off, then disconnect from the gearbox, it's actually easier to take engine and 'box out at the same just than just the engine (I know, I've done it).

If you have a the right equipment the job can be done in under 30mins  :D  ;)  :devil:  :cool:

Oh and Porsche's really do sounds lovely when on full song, I prefer them to the tinny whine of a modern Ferrari (355 or 360) and they are VERY comfy at high speeds.

No way, Porsche 911s are now in the same category as the new M3, too much 'max power'/Top Gear appeal for me.

:0  :0  :0  GO AND WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT THEN SIT IN THE CORNER AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE SAID

What would you rather have for the money out of interest, which has the everyday useability of a Porsche?

:0  :0  :0  GO AND WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT THEN SIT IN THE CORNER AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE SAID

Done that, forgot to include any Ferrari. :devil:

What would you rather have for the money out of interest, which has the everyday useability of a Porsche?

That's easy:

Audi RS6 Avant (with baby seat)

or

Aston Martin DB7 (without baby seat)

next question.....

Mike ;)  ;)  ;)

They do sound like flat 4's tho'

cant say ive ever been driving my '68 1300 beetle and got confused thinking i'm driving a porche. ;)

p.s. isnt a boxer a 'square' engine block like a scooby? - yes i know 6 cylinders wont be square.

long live air cooled :(

Gotta say I like the sound of Porsche - But I've heard better  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Le Mans 1995 winning McLaren down Mulsanne Straight  :love:  :love:  :love:  Sweet  :D  ;)

A rumbling Panoz or a screaming rotary Toyota just not quite the same  :D

tvr speed six  ;)  ;)  plonked in the front of a westy  ;)

IMHO THE best sounding engines are...

Ground shaking V8's (5 litres+)

Ducatis (OK so it's not a car, so what?)

Audi Quattro works rally cars (mmm, the 80's :p  :D  :0 )

And virtually any car/bike engine that revs past 10,000rpm.... :love: