Seight

Martin Young

I'm sure they'd help out if they could - those side exhausts look  :love:  :love:  (IMHO) and so rumbly  :D  Not sure how a Cat would sit in there though  :(  ;) . Might have to put up with the smell of burning fur  :devil:  :D

Check out Hayward and Scott (Essex), they maybe better *cough* err... another option.

Or Wonoff, they are very good too (North)

Say I sent you and he may give you a discount too

Jp Coombes

Vx Carbon Westfield

Side exhausts may be problematic.  The factory has recently changed to using the 4 litre Range Rover engine (as opposed to the 3.9) for which the exhaust exits are right at the bottom of the engine on either side.  With the size of the lump there is practically no room to do anything other than have the exhaust go down and under the car.  I'm no expert, though.

I asked them about side exits with cats when I ordered my V8 starter kit (last year), they said fitting a cat was just a case of using a different silencer (plus sensor in collector) - the same idea as with the usual Zetec exhaust system on new cars.

I presume therefore that they could supply/build a brand new factory Seight, SVA'd with side exits if required.

Personally I'm going for side exits on mine, but with an older engine so I don't need 2 cats !!!

Mike

Hello Martin

I been up to the factory today, had a tour  and test driven (well been in the passenger seat), of a SEiGHT.

I'm thinking of placing an order for a new one and one of my questions was the side pipes. I was told that I could have the side pipes with the new engine at an extra cost of approx. £800. This would be for one pipe either side.

Hope this is of help.

Sul

martin yes you can have side exit exhausts with cats into the collectors as mike has said!  but the westfield sidepipes are not repackable like sbd or techcraft silencers so might be worth spending a bit more upfront! and westfield silencers look crap compared to the others!

Sul is that £800 in stainless steel?

Make sure you ask for a discount on the car, Chris Smith is a really nice guy he is always up for a little haggling.

:)

bl**** H e l l,  what's going on, when I got mine an underslung exhaust was extra!  

Does that mean that an exhaust of any type is extra on a SEiGHT these days?   :(  :D  :D

Jon

Yeah.. but you're building your own car Mark !

My point is that Sul is going to buy a factory car which must come with some type of exhaust and he is being quoted as the side pipes being £800 extra.   I don't get it!!  ???

Jon

:blush:  just me being a retard! should come with an exhaust for the price they want for a new one! and as sidepipes are cheaper you would think they would fit them as standard! are you having sidepipes or still thinking about it?

Just to confirm what I was told by Chris at the factory.

The SEight comes with a single rear exhaust as standard.

If I wanted side pipes that was an extra £800. I'm not sure if the pipes are stainless steel or not for that price.

Cheers

Sul

I`m fascinated by underslung exhausts  :blush:  :blush:  :durr:  :durr:

I have not yet seen an seight type westy  :0  :0  :0

How the `kin `ell do you get an underslung exhaust under the car  :durr:

I`ve an SEIw vx and cant see how.

Any seight build sites so as I can see  :love:  :love:

... but the westfield sidepipes are not repackable like sbd or techcraft silencers so might be worth spending a bit more upfront!

Also, FWIW, I wouldn't use the Westfield exhaust unless you live pretty close to the factory.. ???

I got through 2 replacement manifolds and 3 replacement silencers on my car when it was a CVH modular kit built thingumy, with normal road use and a coupla trackdays. 5 trips to Brum wasn't my idea of a high quality exhaust system. :devil:  Maybe I was unlucky? :t-up:

In fairness to Westfield they did replace it all under warranty every time though..  ???

Current Tony Law systems have been faultless - although the ally coating is melting a bit in places!!  :0