Jus brought a Westfield!...... Problem 1 how to move it...

Hairy toes eagle

10 hours ago, Hairy toes eagle said:

Jesus! Don't tell the wife that, I haven't told her about the first one yet. 

Word of warning Mr Toes. Never take more than £20 cash to the pub. Tom can empty bank accounts very easily :laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrustyjust said:

Word of warning Mr Toes. Never take more than £20 cash to the pub. Tom can empty bank accounts very easily :laugh:

I keep telling you, its only your bank account I empty. Stop giving me a bad name :p:p

@Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO You did a pretty good job of emptying mine too....!!!!!

;);) 

1 hour ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

I keep telling you, its only your bank account I empty. Stop giving me a bad name :p:p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got her back to the garage! Problem 1: sorted, problem 2: of telling the wife about my purchase, sorted (she's over the moon) ;)

Problem 3: next to no compression on number 4 cylinder, (2.0 pinto)  can't really drive it. Machanic friend thinks it could be the valve, head off Saturday to find out. 

Not even sure if I'll have £20 left for Tom and his Golden heart at this rate. 

DSC_0589.JPG

DSC_0588.JPG

• Haha 1

Once you get her up and running john at JPR tuning in Yate (not too far) is a wizard with carbs and very reasonable might be worth a look for the final set up

Enjoy her!

Problem 1 . Thats fab news, looks great even with wings :d 2/ No, wrong. She isnt happy. She will need to 'financially ' gain too. So, shoes, handbags, spa days ahoy !! :oops: 3/ Its unusual to loose compression on a Westie due to the amount of miles they do, unless the engine has been poorly before Check that all valves close . If it does need head off , Pinto bits are cheap as chips and at least you can get the valve seats all redone and check the cam and oil supply as well as they are a little notorious on Pintos to give issues.

Keep at it, the journey has started :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening Mr Eagle,

May I ask if you purchased this vehicle from "Cheltenham Sports Cars" via Ebay and whether the faults with the car were disclosed to you at time of purchase ?

All the best,

Nel

• 4 weeks later...

I did purchase the car from "Cheltenham sports cars" It was obviously apparent the car wasn't running right so a discount was offered that I accepted.

I don't feel ripped off but it wasn't the best dessision I've ever made, financially. 

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:52, Hairy toes eagle said:

I don't feel ripped off but it wasn't the best dessision I've ever made, financially. 

Oh you have no idea! 

Wait till Upgradeitis really starts to bite.

However, the upside is that the fun also starts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's started..... Stockpile of items awaiting attachment, just this darn weather!! 

think I need to buy a house with a garage... 

I must tell the wife immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hairy toes eagle said:

think I need to buy a house with a garage... I must tell the wife immediately. 

Be very careful how you start that discussion! Could get very expensive ???

Just my thoughts!