Proper front wings

Gary Taylor

Can’t help but notice quite a few cars having been purchased/ fitted with proper front clamshell wings lately

does that indicate a trend of new learned owners ????? 

• Like 1

I’d hope so...

But more seriously, there are usually plenty of most style of Westfield for Sale if you step back and keep an eye on the market for a month or two. What really breaks my heart is seeing a nice condition tradition car bought and immediately ripped apart to have cycle wings, carbon replacement panels, full cages, stripped out interior etc fitted. Usually resulting in a more tatty looking car, with holes left where original fitments  were.

No, please don’t misunderstand me, I’ve nothing against this style of car, I used to own one, and would again. BUT, why not just start with one more like this in the first place, rather than taking away all the originality of a traditional car, that can never be put back again. I know we all like to stamp our own personality on these things, but that is possible without taking everything away from the original.

Obviously, it’s different if the original bodywork is really tatty and just can’t be saved, but so often that’s not the case.

• Like 2

Yes my first seven had cycle wings and tbh I like the look of both, but prefer the clamshells 

tbh it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment as we often are the butt of the other lots jokes lol

• Like 1

Oh I’d guessed at the tongue in cheek bit, believe me I’m used to the comments!

its just one of those things that seems such a shame, there is a market, all be it small, for clamshell, traditional look cars. Feels such a waste to lose them unnecessarily!

1 hour ago, Garyt said:

Can’t help but notice quite a few cars having been purchased/ fitted with proper front clamshell wings lately

does that indicate a trend of new learned owners ????? 

:ph34r:

• Like 1

I'm with Dave here, a lot of people out there looking to buy cheap Westfields and turn them into lookalikes of the stripped out racers that became trendy on the back of BEC's some 10+ years ago. Too many don't have the performance to match the image and are not particularly well botched back together, it's a real shame.