Mendips

Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

Lovely run out in the sun today. Across the moors to Cheddar (still loads of grockles about!), run up the gorge behind a Z4, bit suprised at one point to meet a car and caravan coming down! Over the top of the Mendips to Blagdon, for a pub lunch, then up Burrington Combe and home via Wells. The financial controller took a video on her phone, but didn't turn out to well unfortunately!  Farmers really busy harvesting maize, and leaving half the fields on the roads. Think I need to fit some mud flaps.

Not spectacular backdrop, but in the wilds of Somerset

image.thumb.jpeg.b29acc663fa411d5f5fbe81566844f57.jpeg

Home, washed and dried, and tucked up in the garage, ready for next outing.

image.thumb.jpeg.c0a88f1aba428b743a0d57dc3269d977.jpeg

I'd fitted the sidescreens before we went out, certainly makes it more civilised cruising round this time of year, we could even have a conversation! Has highlighted a bit of a rattle that sounds to be coming from behind the dash though. Investigation required tomorrow.

• Like 4

Nice to see you putting some miles on the car and it looks great. I much prefer the side screens. 

So far this month the weather has been very kind and surprisingly warm. Like you I’m making the most of it and getting out whenever possible. John

• Like 2

I don't know why, but when i saw the title of the thread, i thought it was going to be another medical tale of woe, like the Captains; you've been out and about blatting in the cold and damp, without the right clothing on, and now you've got the Mendips. Mind you, there's probably a cream for it!!

Great to see you out and about enjoying the car though.

• Haha 1

Adge,

Looks like you've had a good day.  Tricia and I did the same trip the day that Malcolm, Dale & I came over to look at your car pre-IVA.  You have to get up early to miss the tourists and cyclists on the Gorge and that still leaves the sheep to contend with.

A run that Tricia and I enjoy is the A352 from Sherborne down to Charminster then over to Abbotsbury via Martinstown and the Hardy Monument.  Then follow the coast road to West Bay then back through the tunnel on the A3066 after Beaminster (with the obligatory drop a gear through the tunnel.  On a clear day there are excellent views of Lyme Bay on the coast road.

Jon

• Like 1

Thanks for that Jon, the coast road all the way along there has some lovely views on a good day. Just need the road to reopen through Aller, and it will be easier to head in that direction. Think a run over Exmoor and the north coast may be in order on a sunny day. 

• Like 1

Dont you just hate people who dont have to work................;)

Lucky Adge, really glad you are getting out 2 weeks time and mines been on the road for a year !! Gulp !! 

• Haha 1