V8 nose cone and front wishbone

Andy2007

Hi

I have damaged my 1996 seiw factory built and need some bits and general advice and this is obviously the best place to sort it hopefully.

I need front o/s bottom wishbone.

V8 nose cone or would consider any nose cone. 

Wheel arch. 

I have attached pics and wondered if it is possible to repair the fiberglass cone and arch.

Thanks in advance

Andy

20171007_113213.jpg

20171007_185525.jpg

20171007_113225.jpg

20171007_185552.jpg

20171007_185459.jpg

Just bear in mind when looking at replacement bodywork, from the age and some of the chassis details I can see, this looks like earlier “Kit” Type bodywork, not the current ZK style, (which has been current since at least the early nineties).

A ZK ducted nose will look almost identical in photos, but won’t match your bonnet, and mounts differently to your existing nose cone.

Given the wishbone damage, check the chassis very carefully for any sign of distortion. This might be tricky with the tub in place.

Thanks for the advice Dave. It was only a light bump to be honest, but we have checked everything else very very thoroughly. 

• Like 1

Sad to see the accident, but excellent news!

2 hours ago, Crash test dummy said:

I've got a wishbone or three.

Where are you and would you be wanting to sell one? 

10 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Sad to see the accident, but excellent news!

I was devastated when it happened... Only usually take it out in the dry but had  no choice and had to use it for work one day, heavy rain and light westi on a narrow country lane ended in an expensive meeting with a dry stone wall... 

£150 recovery plus parts... 

Back to fair weather driving after this.. 

10 hours ago, Andy2007 said:

Where are you and would you be wanting to sell one? 

I'm a long way from Barnsley.

Yes happy to sell one, what finish are you looking for and what type bushes? I've got most varieties of satin/gloss powder coat and nylon or metalastic bushes.

1 hour ago, Crash test dummy said:

I'm a long way from Barnsley.

Yes happy to sell one, what finish are you looking for and what type bushes? I've got most varieties of satin/gloss powder coat and nylon or metalastic bushes.

I would be looking for gloss and metalastic bushes, with a set for me to put in the opposite side to match. 

Could you msg me a price and details please. 

Ta.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.